A Nervous Father.............................

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just bought my daughter, MY ONLY DAUGHTER, a phone and she has her first non Father-Daughter Dance this weekend!!!!!!!!! Not sure the boys in this area are ready for me yet, but it looks like they might not have a choice. God help the little bastages is about all I'm going to say. However, I'm sharpening ALL my knives, cleaning guns, and brushing up on my anti evidence techniques by watching CSI reruns in an attempt to cope with the inevitable battle, and my subsequent VICTORY OVER ALL INTERLOPERS!!!!!

In all reality I'm more than a bit concerned about what the world can be and don't know if I'm quite ready to let my little girl out into it yet. My Fatherly instincts and applicable reaction capabilities are VERY WELL ESTABLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have another beer and try NOT to overreact to much. (Sigh) Here we go!!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh...........come on now dad, have faith, and TRUST in her, and the way you raised her. If you have taught her right from wrong, she will do just fine. Will there be ups, and downs, you bet there will be, all you and wife can do is be there to guide and support her when things go good or bad......................Plus it doesn't hurt to put the fear of God, and the wrath of the old man into her, and her friends once in a while.;:;rofl

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't relate because we had two boys but I found out that being a grandpa is a lot of fun.

Hope that helps :)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just bought my daughter, MY ONLY DAUGHTER, a phone and she has her first non Father-Daughter Dance this weekend!!!!!!!!! Not sure the boys in this area are ready for me yet, but it looks like they might not have a choice. God help the little bastages is about all I'm going to say. However, I'm sharpening ALL my knives, cleaning guns, and brushing up on my anti evidence techniques by watching CSI reruns in an attempt to cope with the inevitable battle, and my subsequent VICTORY OVER ALL INTERLOPERS!!!!!

In all reality I'm more than a bit concerned about what the world can be and don't know if I'm quite ready to let my little girl out into it yet. My Fatherly instincts and applicable reaction capabilities are VERY WELL ESTABLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have another beer and try NOT to overreact to much. (Sigh) Here we go!!!!

She knows how to shoot and I've witnessed the enthusiasm she has on butcher days, methinks you've little to worry about.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never had a girl of my own but I do understand the nervous part. I sense you trust her from your comments and that is most important. If you trust her you believe that she knows right from wrong and that will make all the difference. Enjoy your time with her, they grow up to fast.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have any friends that she hasn't met? That's my plan, take turns with my friends who are dads spying on each other's kids. Collect plate numbers, ID hangouts, keep profiles on every boy that talks to or looks at her, you know dad stuff.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank goodness for having boys. I was always afraid of that stress. As long as you know she has a good head on her shoulders you can panic less. As big as any of us boys talked back in those days the girls were usually ones we followed like lost puppies, not the other way around.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have every right to be nervous KDM, don't blame you, but its all part of the process that comes with parenting and the kids going into young adolescence part of life you wish would come later than sooner. Hopefully your wife had a good girl talk with her as well.
You did good with your kid KDM !!!

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
its all in the presentation...

when i hit this spot, i had an ar with a 30 round clip leaning in the corner by the front door, my ratted out harley in the open garage, and a 1/2 a bottle of jack on the work bench that i would take huge chugs out of when she brought him out to meet me... throw in a bone crushing handshake, and a little twitch for good measure and you will b fine...

good luck...

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you have a son you worry about one dick when you have a daughter you have to worry about every Dick in the county. Good luck.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remember we were all kids once, go with the flow and just see how it plays out

Airwolf1972

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine is only 6 and already I feel your pain..... all you can do is raise them right and hope they retain what they have been taught.... I'm not looking forward to it either KDM.....

And God help the poor bastard that ever hurts her!!!!!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
No dating until age 16 was the rule in our house. Wasn't too popular but looking back was one of the best decisions we made as parents.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't worry, she is a great kid that you and the missus have raised up right. Plus, you are the perfect amount of crazy to naturally scare the crap out of any potential boyfriend!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member

Screw the beer. Bust out that fine bottle of Whiskey I got you! Sounds like an opportune moment.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33