diet psa...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Raider. You are "That guy" , Thanks to you I learned about this right before Christmas last year. Knowing that the traditional 3 day feast we normally have contains a variety of Keto no-no s I thought what the heck I'd try for two weeks and then go off it and back on after New years and I'd have a good resolution. Part of it worked, I dropped 12 pounds in a couple weeks before Christmas so easy that I thought I'd be shrivelet up to nothing by now. The catch is that I haven't been able to get my body into ketosis since and I have no idea why. Not sure if diabetes has something to do with that or not but I am still continuing a low carb diet and losing weight . Just not as fast as when I know I was in Ketosis . Of the 12 pounds I initially lost, 10 of them found their way home again from Christmas till the middle of January before I could get the ship turned around and going the other direction . All in all I have lost 20 # since I first heard of keto 6 months ago and that's better than the other direction.

One thing that happened and I don't know if it is in my head or what's going on but I was never much of an egg eater till I tried Keto and then I was eating a lot of them , Seems like all at once I started feeling yucky an hour or so after eating eggs . To the point that I can hardly stand to eat one now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I crash when on the keto diet. I got down to 165 at 6'1 but would gass out half way through a work out. I need good carbs to be at my best. Up to 175 now and way stronger than when I was light. Dolce was on with Joe and it was a good podcast. People's goals I think are a big determination on what life style you choose

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bro science as in a doctor with a PhD in sports science.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.andygalpin.com/our-team/

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everybody I’ve talked to that went the ketosis route has had great success. I have to try this.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bro science as in a doctor with a PhD in sports science.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.andygalpin.com/our-team/

So he's a doctor of gym class?

i-play-real-sports-not-tryin-to-be-the-best-at-exercising.jpg

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
I crash when on the keto diet. I got down to 165 at 6'1 but would gass out half way through a work out. I need good carbs to be at my best. Up to 175 now and way stronger than when I was light. Dolce was on with Joe and it was a good podcast. People's goals I think are a big determination on what life style you choose

you are right... i don't need tons of energy for work or play anymore - i just want to look good in cloths...

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keSoSyu9m7c

I know I've posted about this podcast on here with a different thread but with a little motivation and self-control the keto diet can be one of the best life-changing decisions you'll make. I don't follow it as strictly as I should, but it works. Pair it with intermittent fasting and the results will come faster.

64Mustang

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing this PSA. Truly appreciate the willingness to share and you are to be congratulated for doing so well on it.

Big thumbs up!!

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dolce is pretty good too. Really a diet comes down to two things: Figuring out which one is right for you and finding out how disciplined/committed you want to be.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member

this quote is from their website...

[FONT=&quot]The best way to support your Purefit KETO journey is with a diet that consists primarily of fat, with moderate protein and low carbohydrate intake. For best results, aim for a ratio of 70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% carbohydrates.
[/FONT]

if you hit those macro settings you should drop the weight without having to take pills.

I kept mine around 55% to 60% fat, 20% to 25% protein and carbs at 15% to 20% and dropped 2 lbs a week to begin. I keep a calorie deficit as well. As time went on and I slowly adjusted my calories up but kept the macros the same and still kept dropping.

i did do some moderate exercise at the beginning but then got busy working downstairs finishing the basement. I got plenty of exercise with that.

heck I’m still losing but at a slower rate but then I don’t have much left I can lose at this point.

i did have a month where I stalled losing the weight but kept my eating habits and then it kicked in again.

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Raider thats awesome! Id love to know more of what your doing and just some variety in food.

Just started keto its been the talk in our house hold for the last couple weeks. I wouldnt say I am following it exactly but am pretty close. Pretty simple no carbs no real sugar. Ive lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks. What I like about it is you can find solutions when your eating with your family or eating out. Basically if your having burgers no bun and choose a green veggie instead of fries. Or just eat a steak.

I HAVE NOT counted calories. I have used myfitnesspal, but found in the past Id forget to log or could find what I ate. When my weightloss slows down I might try to log my food again. I found after about the first 3 or 4 days that the craving for sugar kinda goes away as long as your drinking water and finding low or no carb alternatives to something sweet.

I am also glad you mentioned your low carb drink! I didnt know how I was going to handle Mcquades this weekend, but I think I got my drink now.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
another side note about calories because i do think caloric intake is important and can't simply be forgotten about because you are "low carb": if you truly are low carb/no sugar, the caloric thing should take care of itself. once you cut sugar and carbs out of your diet, you would be surprised to find out how much meat, fish and veggies it takes in a day to get to 1500 calories.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
sort of.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/a19943910/high-protein-diets/

fwiw, i disagree with the articles contention regarding the difficulty of maintaining a low carb diet. once you are used to it, its no big deal. i can find plenty of fiber in low carb veggies and make sure to take a vitamin supplement almost daily. but, opinions can vary. just like self control i guess.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88