Can you say recession

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was walking into Fleet Farm a few yrs ago. A guy pulled up with a big Dura max. It was lifted and Ranger boat in tow. The pickup has a bunch of Ranger decals on it. When he got out he has a Ranger shirt on. As he's walking by me I'm looking at it. He says to me, can't stop looking at it can you. I said it looks like 150,000.00 work of payments. His wife/girlfriend slaps him on the arm and says he's right about that.
What a douche bag thing for him to say. Puke.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are there a lot of people financed to the gills, yep. I also think people underestimate the number of people in this state with money though. Lots of duel six figure income couples out there. Also a lot of people receiving money in others ways than just their normal job.
Only Fans lol?

No there is a ton of money in the world.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know of several people, not me, but some good buddies that have millions in the bank, and millions in toys/homes/cabins/winter homes.
It is a lot more than one would think.
Most people of middle income means would not be qualified to get $500,000 in toy loans, in addition to their homes, and living debts.

If a guy at the camp ground has a new boat, camper, pickup, sideby, and a hot wife, he has it going on, and likely financed less then half the shit.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last few years I have been up at Van Hook for Independence Day.

I sit and stare in shock at the number of $80k+ boats driving by. It's an amazing thing that makes me feel less than amazing as I skipper my $30k pontoon, or $25k Lund around.

Note, neither are worth that at this point since they have a few years on them, that was the purchase price.
A lot of those $80,000 boats are now $130,000.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I are dual six figure…no way in hell would I finance something 20 years out, and on a 4 year note those loans are in excess of 1k per month…even at our income level that would be extremely hard to justify. Three high dollar items and your well over 3k a month in loans just for toys…yeah no thanks. I also believe there is money in ND. Kids inherited the farm and sold it off now they are blowing it on this and that. A number of well paying jobs but I would say that’s limited compared to what you see in these campgrounds.
I was gonna say also I believe a lot of it is kids inheriting a lot of money from boomer parents that were cashed up

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder
I know of several people, not me, but some good buddies that have millions in the bank, and millions in toys/homes/cabins/winter homes.
Most people of middle income means would not be qualified to get $500,000 in toy loans, in addition to their homes, and living debts.

If a guy at the camp ground has a new boat, camper, pickup, sideby, and a hot wife, he has it going on, and likely financed less then half the shit.
Thank you Joe!!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Out of 50 campers in the park how many do you think are like that?

jake57

Founding Member
Founding Member
And yet the taxpayers should pay for their college, daycare and school lunches!!!!!!!

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of 50 campers in the park how many do you think are like that?

2. Maybe. 95% of people have no idea what they are doing when it comes to finances. The question is always "what's the payment" or "can I afford the payment". They don't care if they ever pay it off. It is glorified renting if you ask me. These same people will work till they die just to have to afford the payments.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
John Deere is laying off 600 employee. 😔
“These changes are being made due to reduced demand for the products produced at these facilities,”
Maybe it's because they went woke along with Tractor Supply

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, the truly wealthy aren't slumming it in campgrounds with the common folk. Or camping at all.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - EPIC Companies officially filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Monday, according to filings in North Dakota bankruptcy court.

The filing indicates five different LLCs involved in the bankruptcy filing, and that a firm called Lighthouse Management Group was appointed to restructure the company on June 11.

We first told you about VNL Whistleblower complaints from several area construction companies who said they had gone unpaid by EPIC Companies for work that has been completed.

Then, residents in some buildings owned by EPIC said they were starting to fall into disrepair. Then, some of EPIC’s properties were officially sold, and Attorney General Drew Wrigley called the whole matter “concerning”.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it were 2005, all my shit would be new. But it's all paid for. 2003 Ranger, 2004 26 ft travel travel, and 2001 F150.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should look at Indian creek any given weekend . Duramax pick your 20’ft glass boat and 40 ft 5th wheels seem to be in every camp spot.
Camp there 3 times most years and I see it. There are some like me with 20+ year old toys but most are pretty nice. A lot of older folks too, but some of the younger ones have to be financed to the gills.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 11 ram has 200k on it. In the last month I've put a condenser in it and a radiator to keep er going. Trying to avoid buying for as long as possible. Fucker still operates like it's new. I might just have to buy another ram. It has been a good little rig. Fuck payments. Most people are a slave to payments.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 330
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 186
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 68