Child support

love2fish2gether

Founding Member
Founding Member
It does cost alot of money to raise kids. You need a bigger house, more food, more utilities, and ect. It adds up quick. I think the system would be better if it was a set amount for each child.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The worst part of the procedure is the snipping of the tubes. There is a nerve right along that damn thing that will get your attention very fast. Oh and taking the sample in to get checked a month or so later is awkward especially when to try to take it to the wrong part of the clinic. The rest of the stories are best talked about over multiple Busch light's.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The worst part of the procedure is the snipping of the tubes. There is a nerve right along that damn thing that will get your attention very fast. Oh and taking the sample in to get checked a month or so later is awkward especially when to try to take it to the wrong part of the clinic. The rest of the stories are best talked about over multiple Busch light's.

That made me laugh. Ya I'm here to drop my load off.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
serious question, what are the end results when a guy goes in for this procedure , I realize the gun is still there but does it still shoot ?
Shoot blanks ? live rounds that bounce off ?

You don't notice a differnce. There's jut nothing swimming. I get rechecked every couple years out of paranoia. As someone mentioned earlier I can never keep a straight face carrying my load up to the counter in a paper bag.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is always two sides to every story. I have paid Child support for many yrs. I know what my exwife does with the money. Theres not much I can do about it. She pays his cell phone and car insurance and helped him buy a nice car, buys his clothing puts a nice roof over his head. Is it worth what I pay?? YES Everyone has to look at it both ways. He drives up to see me most weekends and I pay for his gas all the time and still send him home with spending money. I dont have to but thats what a parent does. Dont look at it as paying the enemy look at it as your helping YOUR CHILD.

Fighting Sioux: Just wondering if the court system had'nt required you to pay child support would you??
Yes I would but I don't know why she needs 25% of my pay.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So this sample deal you speak of, how is it make its way into the cup? I know the answer, but why? It's totally a woman thing, and taking that bullet gets you absolutely no more business. I am not sure how they talk you into this, but it seems wrong

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
johnr;319[B said:
60]So this sample deal you speak of, how is it make its way into the cup?[/B] I know the answer, but why? It's totally a woman thing, and taking that bullet gets you absolutely no more business. I am not sure how they talk you into this, but it seems wrong

Thanks, I wanted to ask but I thought they would think I was asking too many questions.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
So this sample deal you speak of, how is it make its way into the cup? I know the answer, but why? It's totally a woman thing, and taking that bullet gets you absolutely no more business. I am not sure how they talk you into this, but it seems wrong

Well for starters, I left birth control upto her for years and ended up with 3 kids. I have no regrets don't get me wrong. After a little research long term effects are much less when a man gets it done then a women. There is nothing that stops functioning. I'm afraid beer is going to make you fatter than a vasectomy. For me it came down to no recovery time for me. Her bitchy g and moaning for a week+. I would still have to put up with her time of the month either way. $800 for me to have it done and 3500 for her.

Oh and she has the medical training and told me so!

Last edited:

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
serious question, what are the end results when a guy goes in for this procedure , I realize the gun is still there but does it still shoot ?
Shoot blanks ? live rounds that bounce off ?

So if I get snipped, will I still get blue balls?

- - - Updated - - -

and yes that is a serious question. We have a 4 day rule in my house. We have 2 boys and 1 on the way. I have already started the research, but I can't get her to agree to it. She wants a girl, but I think 3 kids is plenty.

So the info in this thread is quite interesting to me. (Other than the OP... Sorry to hear about your situation)

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The system is broke, plain and simple. The real losers in the divorce/child support ordeal is the kids, no matter how much you are paying out of your pocket. Families throw away marriages like it's a shitty diaper nowadays. Nobody tries, they just give up. Marriage is almost becoming a joke. I never thought I'd be sitting here preaching this, I'm 34, but we've been married 8 years now, together 9 total and I can't count how many people I know have been through the process of marriage, divorce, custody wars, and child support battles. It's a slippery slope nowadays. No matter how bad you get screwed, it's the kids getting the short end of the stick most times.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Ha-ha, here is where it gets funny. The instructions for a test sample can be produced manually or by withdrawal from intercourse. Must be noted on the paperwork along with sample. Although the sample must be produced within a half hour for accuracy and that is a problem when you live an hour or more from said drop zone.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Buy a microscope and check yourself, then you can also look at bugs and hair and salt, kinda neat!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't notice a differnce. There's jut nothing swimming. I get rechecked every couple years out of paranoia. As someone mentioned earlier I can never keep a straight face carrying my load up to the counter in a paper bag.

The big question is, does it TASTE different? It might suck for your gf/wife to start rejecting her morning gargle....

- - - Updated - - -

Ha-ha, here is where it gets funny. The instructions for a test sample can be produced manually or by withdrawal from intercourse. Must be noted on the paperwork along with sample. Although the sample must be produced within a half hour for accuracy and that is a problem when you live an hour or more from said drop zone.

Ok so you walk into the clinic, and instead of having a brown paper bag in your hand, with the sample in it, walking next to you is your smoking hot woman wearing a sun dress. Walk up to the counter and girl ask, can I help you and you state you brought your in your semen sample. She looks confused and asks where it is and you put your arm around your woman and state, "Right here, shes keeping it warm for you". At this point your woman pulls down her damp undies from under her sundress and throws them up on the counter. Clinic girls look of shock/horror clearly visible as she faints...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Edited for sanity sake.

And to gonefshn, seriously...WTF? You have a very incorrect perception of most fathers I know who have been devastated by a divorce. Whether it's their fault or their wife was cheating on them, they are now thought of by ill-informed jackasses as having nothing better to do than to take advantage of all their new found free time to go out partying? Most would gladly give all they have to not have lost their kids for 50-100% of the time. That right there is what gets me to this day, when I have the kids (remember, joint custody here), I run them to school and all activities, buy their clothes, cook their meals, do their laundry, provide hugs when they're sad or hurt, assist with school work as needed, and try like hell to find time to take them hunting, fishing, or on vacations both big and small. It is indeed non-stop hustle to take care of them.

Seriously, with your anti-father bent, I think you'd be a slam dunk hire in case you ever wanted to apply for a job with Child Support Enforcement.

Last edited:

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yeah, there's a lot of voodoo in this but the section that applies in my case is the below. I hope to never have to try and understand it any better than I already do, but the below seems to provide the basis for the calculations in my divorce settlement.

Section 75-02-04.1-03. Determination of child support obligation - Split
custody or primary residential responsibility.
A child support obligation must be
determined and specifically ordered for the child or children for whom each parent has
primary residential responsibility pursuant to a court order or, if there is no court order,
for whom each parent has primary physical custody. The lesser obligation is then
subtracted from the greater. The difference is the child support amount owed by the
parent with the greater obligation. The offset of child support obligations in this section
is for payment purposes only and must be discontinued for any month in which the
rights to support of a child for whom the obligation was determined are assigned to a
government agency as a condition of receiving public assistance.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55