Founding Member
Founding Member
Adam Brickers
rod4-Brickers-Custom-Rods.jpg

does he have his own website or just facebook

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have only seen his stuff on facebook, Looks like a guy has to call him to order. Would like to see his wares at a show somewhere.
~
~zzz.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have only seen his stuff on facebook, Looks like a guy has to call him to order. Would like to see his wares at a show somewhere.
~
~image.jpg
I mean seriously those rods are too nice to take out of the house, probably cherry wood handles carved on a lathe

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel the need to have something more sensitive than a medium rod in my case. I've looked at the bullwhips as well.

You should look into the 13 Tickle Stick. It's the most sensitive rod I've used and with the tip on them it's just as easy to see the up bite as it is the down bite. I know it isn't a custom rod but after using it last weekend I prefer it over my DH Al Dente.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You should look into the 13 Tickle Stick. It's the most sensitive rod I've used and with the tip on them it's just as easy to see the up bite as it is the down bite. I know it isn't a custom rod but after using it last weekend I prefer it over my DH Al Dente.

i have a friend that likes his 13 and calls my TB and tucr rods "junk." He's kinda dumb but he likes to ice fish as least. I'll take a peek at them.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member

I think the 13 rods small guides would ice up too easy when fishing outside.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member

Man, I held one of those at GM the other day and thought it was limp as an 85-year-old monk. I mean, sure it's sensitive, but it has zero backbone. I like my noodle rods to have a sensitive, soft tip that quickly builds to a stout, haymaker of a backbone. It's the best of both words, like a teddy bear with a machine gun.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, I held one of those at GM the other day and thought it was limp as an 85-year-old monk. I mean, sure it's sensitive, but it has zero backbone. I like my noodle rods to have a sensitive, soft tip that quickly builds to a stout, haymaker of a backbone. It's the best of both words, like a teddy bear with a machine gun.

Your description is that of a TUCR power noodle. Even the bullwhip has a nice backbone.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The secret is out they now sell them at cabelas
http://www.cabelas.com/product/cold...rdsPerPage=18&infiniteScrollType=product&No=0

I noticed that some bait shops used a elastration banding tool to keep air longer in the bags for minnows, so I thought that would work great on my fishing rods. So I went to Home of Economy, picked up a package of rubber bands and the pliers for about 15 dollars. I couldn't be happier two on the front and two on the back of the reel.
1024px-Elastrator_rings.JPG

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol yeah I seen them to there not as heavy duty is the ones used for animals. Yes they are by far better than using tape. IMO

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Backbone on the Tickle seems fine to me, I caught a couple decent sized Crappie with it last weekend and it didn't feel like a wet noodle. It does feel like it's not as fast to the backbone as my Al Dente but the added sensitivity outweighs that aspect. As far as the guides go I'll have to wait and see how that plays out I do fish outside a lot unless it's wicked cold out or the wind is howling so that could be a problem but they don't seem to be that small. I know they changed them this year because that was one of the big complaints from last year that the guides were too small. I have it paired with a No 8 CGI and for a dedicated panfish rod I like it so far from the 2 times I've had it out.

Also since were on the topic of rods and reels, if anyone is in the market for a decent hardsided case Scheels has theirs on sale for $39. Pretty good deal since normally I think they cost around $80.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my jigging case I have two TB rods. One 32" walleye SW and one 28" perch SW with spring tip. I have a 13 rod that I can't remember the name of, but it's a 28" M rod. Very good rod for the money. I also have an old 28" elite tech that I can't retire to a still rod yet. In the bobber rod case I have mostly scheels rods. Apparently I need to buy a few Tucr rods now....thanks guys.

For or the record, I also think Nanofil is complete garbage summer or winter. I'm anal about checking knots and keeping good line on. Still garbage.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I switched out 3 rods to nano. #guywhodoessciencestuff better be right.

You will either love it or hate it. "Snow blindness" (it's white and hard to see under certain new snow conditions or in my white-walled shelter) has me wondering if reeling it over a permanent marker's felt tip wouldn't improve visibility. Very visible in open water which I love.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tie nano direct all the time. I have caught limits of 17-25" eyes pitching a single 3/16 jig, never retying.

Is it Palomar knots that are failing? Do people set their drags at 95% of breaking strength? Not sure why some are seeing spectacular nano failure. Maybe quality control at the factory sucks?

i honestly can't recall a single nano breakoff while ice fishing. I must be lucky. Or my memory sucks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88