Fishing shows, what type of fishing do you like to watch most?

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watch WAY to many fishing shows this time of year. It's odd that most of them don't fish the type of fish I like to fish for most, and most don't ever have a show with my favorite methods. I love fishing walleyes by slowly back trolling, and either rigging or jigging. It's not very often you actually see a show where they do this.What kind of show appeals the most to you guys? I've noticed just a ton of smallmouth shows in recent years, so that must be the most popular I'm guessing.

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDO is my favorite....they seem to go to all the places I go fishing...on Leech this weekend, where I am.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bottom fishing for grouper, snapper, cobia, amberjack, and so on. You just never know what's going to smack your lure or bait.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a bass guy and will weep when Bill Dance is no longer on. Been watching him for as long as I can remember. I like the shows which focus as much on education as the commercials. Huge fan of Angling Edge and love the Scripture at the end. I miss In Fisherman. I still enjoyed it after the Linder's parted ways. What I REALLY miss is TNN Outdoors and Tracy Byrd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHLlcV93peo

Last edited:

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only have one fishing show that I can name off the top of my head, River Monsters. Jeremy Wade is the man! I would kill to go on one of his fishing adventures with him. He catches some pretty amazing fish.

Other than that I enjoy watching them fly fish for bonefish. Not sure which show it is but I'll usually watch that.

Not a fan of watching fishing tournaments on TV. Or bass fishing on TV.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huge fan of The Next Bite. Really liked Fish Ed this winter as well. Lindner's show is pretty good most of the time as well.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm an IDO fan as well and truly missed uncut angling this year. I'd really like a show where they tell you what they are doing, what structure to look out for, and what baits that at working (not because they're sponsored by them).

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to see a show that taught 'Sconi's to catch fish in their own state. Perhaps they could include a weekly session on how to avoid/outsmart WI G&F.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm a bass guy and will weep when Bill Dance is no longer on. Been watching him for as long as I can remember. I like the shows which focus as much on education as the commercials. Huge fan of Angling Edge and love the Scripture at the end. I miss In Fisherman. I still enjoyed it after the Linder's parted ways. What I REALLY miss is TNN Outdoors and Tracy Byrd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHLlcV93peo

Hard to beat Bill dance bloopers. Best one when a 70 pound deep cycle fell off tailgate onto his foot

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to see a show that taught 'Sconi's to catch fish in their own state. Perhaps they could include a weekly session on how to avoid/outsmart WI G&F.

John Gillespie

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Angling Edge, IDO, and The Next Bite. I think there is a show for the NWT but I'm not sure when it is on. I find myself following all the big bass tournaments and Major League Fishing and I dont even like bass fishing. I think I am just a tournament junky (and by the way I absolutely hate fishing by other people, I won't do it unless it is tournament day on the river and that is the only spot I have).

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish ed, next bite, in depth, linders, mwc, nwt, flw, bass , the old flw walleye was the best, midwest outdoors, rolands kid, idk cant think of em all. Still have some vhs virgil ward

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sconiland should be its own territory. Sconi's should be banished to Sconiland, with occasional visits to Minnesota if they are good.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDO, North American Fisherman was good, not sure if it is still on. The mad fin shark tourney was cool, especially when they showed team Savage Arms. I kinda gravitate to anything not bass fishing just because bass shows seem to be on all the time. Then I see guys trolling for walleyes and I can almost feel the boredom in the boat. I don't care if the fish if 10#+ when you haul it in like a stick for 10 min without even a flip of it's tail, it's kinda lame. Is it major league fishing that had guys weigh and release immediately and just keep a running total to move on to the next round? That one was kinda cool. In fisherman and Lindners are cool.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to be a show called "Fish-n-See" where they had a scuba diver watching the fish and a boat above the diver trying to catch them. They filmed the bite and the release. Was interesting how the walleyes would just re-join the school after they were released, like nothing happened. Haven't see that one on in a while.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't honestly remember the last fishing show I watched. I agree with Mike though that I might watch more if they did more this is the structure we're fishing, this is how we're fishing it, and why. It's great that they can go out and catch a bunch of fish, but unless you are going to share some tips on how, I have to "waste" my own time fishing in my own. Rather do that anyway.

I also miss all the fly fishing that used to be on outdoor channel. I used to always change the channel when it came on, but now I miss that stuff. They were always good about showing what flies they were fishing and ways to cast and the places in a stream to fish. Now that I fly fish on my own it would be much more interesting.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
any documentary style fishing shows, Jungle hooks was pretty awesome (Jeremy Wade pre river monster sensationalism) and a few saltwater shows like Spanish fly and hawks cay.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75