Highway 23 n 83

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put as single overpass with 23 going over top and on and off ramps. Couldn’t be much more expensive than this conglomeration. Every intersection on interstate is like that
Agreed, but I knew they would look at this as an opportunity for another roundabout. It just had that smell. I drive that way often using 83 to get to 23 and then west to the rez and just don't think the traffic heading west is enough to create much congestion at a standard overpass with on/off ramps.

Then again, I'm sure they've done the vehicle count and have more details than I am privy to.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's all discussed extensively in the video i posted, no need to speculate if one just watches the video.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think overhead lighting all away across this intersection with big overhead signs to give motorists better visual directions would help with low light foggy situations.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20231207_143816_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_143736_Chrome.jpg

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
like said in a post earlier, you cannot fix stupid driver that don't pay attention, we are doweling out money because drivers don't understand how to drive, driven that highway many times as most of you have, passed through the accident that happened this past fall. I'd be curious about the drivers that were involved in the accident, if they didn't know how that intersection works as being the first time they have passed through that area or were frequent travelers that been through there.
I always look down road when approaching that area if I'm traveling south to bismarck and watch the right were 23 comes to intersection, you can tell if a dumb nut going too fast and not going to stop and etc. Guess I'm saying if you are traveling south you have to be the defensive driver in that area, cover your own ass and watch for the other drivers.

I agree with bringing the two lanes together and have an overpass coming off 23 to merge south or north....not that hard to figure out, too bad they have too worry about the cost, if its going to save a life like they want it to or if safety is the main concern.....then cost shouldn't even be an issue the state has wasted more money on other stupid road projects so why should it matter.
my two cents

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5