Hub Shelters- Must have/need items?

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is pretty neat. I am hoping it resolves some of the ice melt in the shelter.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was looking at those last yr. If the buddy takes a crap, that might be the ticket.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I decked out my big buddy heater. I also bought a bunch of Flame King 1lb refillable tanks. Gonna hit the ice this weekend.
1000002191.jpg

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I decked out my big buddy heater. I also bought a bunch of Flame King 1lb refillable tanks. Gonna hit the ice this weekend.
1000002191.jpg
I did get that little fan the other day, moves alot of air. Used it out front of the upright freezer to help defrost 😆

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did get that little fan the other day, moves a lot of air. Used it out front of the upright freezer to help defrost 😆
I did too, haven't tried it yet, but it seem to lean back at an angle more than I would have guessed. I put the bracket on per instructions. Is it meant to lean back at about a 6 degree angle

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did too, haven't tried it yet, but it seem to lean back at an angle more than I would have guessed. I put the bracket on per instructions. Is it meant to lean back at about a 6 degree angle
Not sure, mine does too. Maybe won't slip out and fall down the ice hole :LOL:

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put a shim under the heater. :D

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, if this wasn't Makita it would make me think.....fresh hot coffee on the ice. I know, I know, buy a good thermos. But this is neat.

1701632333648.png

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used the fan out fishing today. Pretty impressive.
It does run in reverse when set on the ice 😄

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I moved it down one rung from instructions and it leveled out more...haven't run long term to see if it's "too close" to heat.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I moved it down one rung from instructions and it leveled out more...haven't run long term to see if it's "too close" to heat.
Are the clips any good? Mine didn't come with them, bought it 3 years ago and used an angle grinder to modify the base. Works good, just wondering if the clips make life any easier! Pictures of how they interact with the fan and Buddy would help tremendously if someone was so inclined.....

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are the clips any good? Mine didn't come with them, bought it 3 years ago and used an angle grinder to modify the base. Works good, just wondering if the clips make life any easier! Pictures of how they interact with the fan and Buddy would help tremendously if someone was so inclined.....
Clips the fan sits in seem a bit flimsy until actually mounted . I thought they would be sloppy loose but fit firmly and arent going to rattle out.( i sure hope not when get really rough terrain) . Nice addition. . . sorry don't have photo's.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88