Ipiolt head on older powerdrive V2

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm looking to install a ipilot head onto my 70lb minnkota powerdrive V2..... Other than being a cheaper route than buying a brand new trolling motor is there any major downsides to just buying the ipilot head??

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Should be the dealer will be ordering it in. Said it's $450

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
The foot pedal is disconnected and can't be used with the ipilot. If you find a way to leave it hooked up let me know. I have ran a v2 with an I pilot since they came out. I love it but would like a foot pedal would be nice for certain applications.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yea I never cared for the foot pedal, when mine when out last year and I bought a brand new 55lb Bluetooth trolling motor it never even came with a foot pedal and I didn't blink an eye.... Now I'm getting a new boat and it has a older powerdrive V2 but the dealer is getting me the ipiolt head for it.. just wanted to make sure I wasn't sacrificing anything accuracy or efficiency wise.. thanks!

rmiller

The foot pedal is disconnected and can't be used with the ipilot. If you find a way to leave it hooked up let me know. I have ran a v2 with an I pilot since they came out. I love it but would like a foot pedal would be nice for certain applications.

I Have the same setup but wired a double pull double throw toggle switch. drilled a hole into where the circuit board is and mounted it there. You can only use the foot pedal OR the remote and have to plug in the one you want to use but if you want two free hands to fish or the battery dies in the remote with no back up just hit the switch plug in foot pedal and away you go. Will Probably void your warranty also.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren't sacrificing anything except the foot pedal but who cares . I did this same thing last year , added ipilot to my 70 lb powerdrive v2 . Works awesome . Was told last year by guys at Scheels that it was the updated ipilot with better gps system . I used mine a ton and I use the auto pilot on it a ton and It was great . You'll have no issues . And yes they are $450 . Better than new trolling motor and it essentially is new cuz all the brains are in the ipilot head .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33