It is official

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hardest thing next to getting up @ 4 in the am so I can fit my work out in was cutting out pasta. My favorite thing in the world was Penne noodles with sun dried tomato alfrado sauce. Its extremely hard to eat Paleo when out in the woods or on the lake all day. I took a lot of time to google how to diet Paleo effectively, and it takes work but do able. But when you need to pack on the carbs when scaling a mountain I will eat pasta of some kind. High fructose corn is something we all need less of, really bad stuff.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see it now:

Bed Wetter IMD (Internet Medical Doctor)
- Vasectomy's: How much beer you got?
- Tonsillectomy's: $399.99 or your deer rifle(with scope)
- Appendectomy's: You may die if I don't do this, so $19,999.99 or your late model glass boat.
FREE ESTIMATES!!!

Now the gerbil is really spinning the wheel:

- Bloodletting: case of keystone
- Chew that wart off: above the waste = 500 rds of .223; below the waste = 2,000 rounds of .223

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hardest thing next to getting up @ 4 in the am so I can fit my work out in was cutting out pasta. My favorite thing in the world was Penne noodles with sun dried tomato alfrado sauce. Its extremely hard to eat Paleo when out in the woods or on the lake all day. I took a lot of time to google how to diet Paleo effectively, and it takes work but do able. But when you need to pack on the carbs when scaling a mountain I will eat pasta of some kind. High fructose corn is something we all need less of, really bad stuff.

Bean_Pasta_black_spaghetti_1280__46056.1399573260.730.502.jpg

this stuff is freaking good. tastes (and texture) just like regular old pasta. Lots of protein and fiber

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I have not done very well at my diet I weight in last week 355. Time to work harder at it

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have also been forced to make some lifestyle changes

which is total BS - because that's what other people have to do - not me :mad:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, DirtyMike is an ear piercer to?? Neat! I'm on a seefood, and beer diet. 6'2", and 240lbs in the winter, and around 230lbs in the summer. 10mls of Lipitor, and 10mls of blood pressure meds. Ask the doctor all the time I go if I should be doing anything different, and he keeps telling me no. Used to smoke 29 years ago, quit cold turkey. For those of you on diets, and exercising, good for you, hope you stick with it. I don't know if I would have the willpower, or the determination to do it.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it funny how pasta and potatoes are at fault all the time. Potatoes are good for you in their natural state not fried. Boil them or bake them and they are fine. The number one factor for weight gain for me is drinking.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My company is currently having a weight loss challenge. Started at 215 lbs, 5'10". Thru 5 weeks I'm down to 200. I started walking/running 2-3 miles 5-6 days/week on the treadmill. Biggest thing for me was cutting calories...at age 40 I don't have the metabolism that I had at early 20's. Not much of an exercise person but am super competitive so that's what got me motivated. Feel a lot more energetic plus my pants fit better. Lol.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My company is currently having a weight loss challenge. Started at 215 lbs, 5'10". Thru 5 weeks I'm down to 200. I started walking/running 2-3 miles 5-6 days/week on the treadmill. Biggest thing for me was cutting calories...at age 40 I don't have the metabolism that I had at early 20's. Not much of an exercise person but am super competitive so that's what got me motivated. Feel a lot more energetic plus my pants fit better. Lol.

What I'm hearing is you have room to carry a bigger Glock. Let me know if you have questions.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'd think with all the $$ in boner pills someone woulda figger'd out the pins and needles spot that revs up females.

I don't think all the scientists, doctors and holistic geniuses put together could figure out what works and what doesn't besides keep asking until you find a horny one.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went from a home-based job that pretty much gave me the freedom to be as active as I needed, to an office job that has me plunked at a desk in front of a computer for 9 hours a day. I went from a lean, healthy guy to overweight and sluggish in a span of six months. Tacked on 15 pounds. With a kiddo at home, another en route and basically zero extra hours to get a workout in (other than waking up stupidly early or trying to squeeze a run in after supper and before bed, which sucks when it's -20 out) I had no idea how I was going to change things.

The last straw was in early January trying to fit into a pair of slacks and not being able to get them buttoned. Said enough was enough.

We get an hour lunch. Despite being surrounded by workaholics who come in early, stay late, and eat at their desk, I said screw it. If I get an hour, I'm going to take it. So I got a gym membership to a place that's just a 5 minute drive from the office. At noon I take off, lift weights or run for 45 minutes, hop in the shower if needed and then zip back and eat lunch at my desk. I've been doing this religiously 4-5 times a week since Jan. 5. My pants fit again, I've gone from 180 to 172, I feel healthier than I have in a long time, and my abs that have been missing for a few years are coming back. Plus, it really helps break up the day looking forward to something other than 5 p.m.

And the best part is that in a couple months a new gym is opening up directly south of job. So I'll be able to get another 8 minutes in a day, which doesn't seem like much but certainly helps.

On top of this, I cut alcohol out during the week (except for special occasions). I try to eat more vegetables and I rarely eat out. Bring leftovers or make a lunch every day. And I'm chugging water. It helps curb the cravings for surgery or bubbly beverages and keeps me full. I rarely feel the need to snack any more.

Anyway, that's worked for me so far. I'm hoping this is a lifestyle change I can keep up for a long time, because being inactive and unhealthy is bad for my body and mind. Especially in between hunting and fishing seasons...

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You'd think with all the $$ in boner pills someone woulda figger'd out the pins and needles spot that revs up females.

Maybe Dirty has a secret with these needles he's not telling anyone about?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88