It is official

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to quit chewing. I chew pouches, but still, it needs to get cut.

im in the same boat, used to chew the long cut, went to the pouches for convenience and i already chewed wintergreen and thats all that grizzly has is wintergreen pouches so it worked awesome.. well i've been cutting back my chewing, bought a log probably a month ago and its almost gone, was going to try and quit after this log.. we will see how that goes.. we made 260 lbs of bologna this weekend so the chew game was pretty high this weekend.. oops

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
nicorette (sp?) gum has really helped me curb chewing. Weekends, and fishing are still kryptonite for me. Its a start atleast.

and my breath is minty fresh all the time Thumbs Up

- - - Updated - - -

one unforseen side effect is ive gained like 12-15 pounds this winter lol. I eat a lot more now.

I quit all tobacco too finally. I was hooked bad on chew and smokes since high school. I tried everything like patches and lozenges and none of it works. Cold turkey did work though. My energy went through the roof also. Those tobacco products being sold are just poison.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
nicorette (sp?) gum has really helped me curb chewing. Weekends, and fishing are still kryptonite for me. Its a start atleast.

and my breath is minty fresh all the time Thumbs Up

- - - Updated - - -

one unforseen side effect is ive gained like 12-15 pounds this winter lol. I eat a lot more now.

I am hungry more to but i have been cutting up apples and fruits and avoid the c store at all cost. I gain 5 pounds just stepping foot in those places.

I quit all tobacco too finally. I was hooked bad on chew and smokes since high school. I tried everything like patches and lozenges and none of it works. Cold turkey did work though. My energy went through the roof also. Those tobacco products being sold are just poison.

I have noticed my energy levels shooing up the past few weeks

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
im in the same boat, used to chew the long cut, went to the pouches for convenience and i already chewed wintergreen and thats all that grizzly has is wintergreen pouches so it worked awesome.. well i've been cutting back my chewing, bought a log probably a month ago and its almost gone, was going to try and quit after this log.. we will see how that goes.. we made 260 lbs of bologna this weekend so the chew game was pretty high this weekend.. oops

I have one in from wake-up to bedtime. Probably 5 pouches a day, but in all day. Drives me nuts ...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't ever chew often, just on long drives when in college. Haven't had one in nearly 20yrs, still miss it.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
My godfather is in hospice right now with throat cancer from chewing. Think about it boys.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep it up, it is tough to keep after it. 345 now down from 380. I walk a good deal each day at work but need to do more. Turkey season should help some.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hover at 205-215 regardless of gym time or couch time. Shape and softness tend to look different, however. But hitting the gym at 5 am, 4 our of 7 days helps right now. After tearing a calf last summer, I decided I wasn't naturally athletic enough to skip the gym. I don't like diets because they tend to be temporary. My wife does a good job of only keeping good food in the house but I still manage to get her to bring home chips and such every once in a while. Not sure we'll have much of a garden this year with the dog going in the back yard but I'd like to expand it a bit to help with the grocery bills.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
I quit chewing a few years ago but started again after my blood sugar went through the roof, talked it over with my doctor and the risk of chewing was mutually agreed was lower than the high blood sugar and my diabetes.

Dentist could not even tell I chewed which really lowered my expectation of his competence.

I used the equate lozenges and it was not too bad quitting. New wife (well almost new, 4 years next month) has been hinting that I need to quit again.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chew is the devil. Quitting fifty times was a bitch. Run, don't walk, away from that crap.

Dearest Chew,

I still miss you every day.

Thanks for nothing a$$wipe,
#guywhostillwantstochew

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've done acupuncture on quite a few smokers with better than expected results. At an almost 70% success rate, I'll continue to tout it to patients that are thinking of quitting.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never did get the whole chew thing. I tried it a few times fishing/hunting with buddies and thought it sucked every time. I've been known to have a beer smoke or cigar, but that urge goes away when the beer wears off.

I know a guy that just quit cold turkey. He says he thinks about it often, but hasn't cracked going on 3 months now. I guess it is not fun.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few things:

1. Wife got a juicer, makes green juice using kale, carrots, and various fruit. It actually doesn't taste bad. That stuff is like freakin' jet fuel. I highly recommend juice with a heavy dose of leafy greens.

2. I smoked for almost a decade, starting at 13. In high school, I worked with a very friendly, sweet Mormon girl who suggested grapefruit juice. Supposedly it helps get the nicotine out of your system faster so you get past the cravings faster when you quit. Don't know if it works.

3. I'm not devoutly religious, but I prayed for help to quit smoking. Before long, I really lost my taste for cigarettes. I mean I completely lost any enjoyment from smoking after smoking every day from age 15 until age 22 or so. It's weird to physically crave a cigarette but dread having to smoke it, like when you have a terrible cold. Just sayin' it's worth a shot. Worked for me. I still smoke occasionally "with the boys" (like a few cigarettes a year) and have absolutely no desire or impulse to start up again.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never did get the whole chew thing. I tried it a few times fishing/hunting with buddies and thought it sucked every time. I've been known to have a beer smoke or cigar, but that urge goes away when the beer wears off.

I know a guy that just quit cold turkey. He says he thinks about it often, but hasn't cracked going on 3 months now. I guess it is not fun.

I have not found the cravings that bad but when i have to deal with morons i think about strangling them alot faster than i would have before

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fun story, the one and only time I tried chew, I was very drunk and puked on myself in front of stripper, moments after a lap dance. Good times.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've done acupuncture on quite a few smokers with better than expected results. At an almost 70% success rate, I'll continue to tout it to patients that are thinking of quitting.

I'm curious about how this works....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm curious about how this works....

If I had to guess, it works on the dopamine receptors. The addiction point is used for smoking, over eating, alcohol, etc. so it's not specific for each addiction. However, for smokers, I needle the lung and stomach points as well. This is all done on the ear, btw. Auricular acupuncture is pretty easy.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74