Jiffy Pro 4 propane auger, do you like yours?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with these issues is Jiffy going to continue making these things.

I love my old model 30, and hate to see such a great ice auger making name like Jiffy be destroyed by these POS propane disasters they continue to sell.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my old jiffy legend 3.5 hp because it sounds like a harley and is great for benchpressing. 3 sets of ten with that is all you need to "Pump You Up!"

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not a propane problem, its a cheap ass parts problem. Everything on my auger has cracked, split, or broke right in my hands. Its all cheap brittle garbage manufactured by the lowest bidder.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the jiffy propane. Already wrote about couple small issues I've had with that but overall I got a good one. Regarding the K drill and Milwaukee fuel, the K drill has been awesome but this past weekend my almost brand-new Milwaukee fuel stopped working. I can hold the chuck with my hand and pull the trigger and it would just spin and not grab. I took it to Home Depot last night, returned it and they gave me a brand-new one. Punched a bunch of holes on the river last night in town with it. Hopefully this baby will last longer.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the replys, I think I'm going to go and get an Ion tomorrow.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't mean to highjack ;:;hijacked but I have been looking at electric and think I might go with the Strikemaster Electra Lazer. I have heard that with the ion you have to make sure that the battery is kept warm. The electra lazer comes with external cable to run off a truck or 4 wheeler battery and a car charger. Most of the time I am only drilling 15 holes a trip. I like the extra power options with the strikemaster over the ion. Anyone have experience with any of the Strikemaster electric augers?

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never been a big fan of the Jiffy Propanes, but I did recently buy the Eskimo propane. After numerous testing out different augers, this one was one of my favorite. Was very happy how it worked the first time out, and how easily it started when it was 0 degrees. Thumbs up for me and the eskimo propane series.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88