Kirsten Baesler

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is that your strategy to just repeat what I said to you back to me. You have been trolling this site up and down looking for a reaction. I am pretty sure there is a button on your account where you can go back and see your past posts. In fact I feel confident you actually admitted to it in another post.

I'll admit the trolling if that's what you want to call it, you guys call it stating facts when you do it, but what filth have I put on here? Tell me what moral compass you are judging me on.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you get arrested for "Suspicion of DUI"?

By doing something that sparks a conversation with your local LEO and then you blow something of a 0.08 or higher on a breathalyzer.

She has not yet been convicted, hence the "suspicion".

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
whatever rocks your boat. To me it's like the difference between a walleye and a catfish
Leave the cats out of this.
61FDD5AB-AB6C-41BA-B722-D35A055BE747.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a fellow worker who lives in Downtown Biz in an small apartment. He's right by a bunch of bars and eating places. He claims he see's her all the time throwing them down when he goes out. She's a lush, lets just face facts here.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone stated earlier how many times they drove while impaired and never caught. How many times does it take before they finally get you. You just know she does this ALL THE TIME!!

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think it's justified for anyone to drive drunk. Just because you do it, she does it, someone you know used to do it all the time, they only did it once, doesn't make it ok in my book. To many pointless fatalities to alcohol related accidents. I guess it's ok until she crashes and kills someone. Then multiple lives are ruined...She should be fired. No question...We should be advocating to keep drunks off the road, especially yourself, and not justifying it at all!

I can honestly say that I've never driven drunk. EVER!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=1]UPDATE: NDHP says Kirsten Baesler refused blood and breath tests after being arrested for DUI[/h]
MANDAN, ND - Sgt. Wade Kadrmas with the North Dakota Highway Patrol says a tooper pulled over Kirsten Baesler on I-94 after observing erratic driving around 9: 45 p.m. Wednesday night.

The trooper smelled alcohol and observed behavior consistent with alcohol consumption while talking to Baesler during the stop.
Baesler was arrested for driving under the influence and cited for care required.
According to Sgt. Kadrmas, Baesler refused blood and breath tests at the Burleigh-Morton Detention Center.
Burleigh County Sheriff Kelly Leben says Baesler was processed at the Burleigh-Morton Detention Center.
She was released to a responsible party on a promise to appear and no mug shot was taken.

Gov. Doug Burgum released this statement Thursday: “We support Kirsten’s plans to seek help and focus on her health.”

UPDATE (8:15 AM): North Dakota state school superintendent Kirsten Baesler has released the following statement:

BISMARCK, N.D., Feb. 27, 2020 – North Dakota state school superintendent Kirsten Baesler made this statement in response to her arrest Wednesday night for driving under the influence:
“I made a serious mistake last night. I let down my team at the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction. I let my family down. I let myself down. I am deeply sorry for my actions.
I am going to learn from this, seek help, and focus on my well-being and health.”

Lieutenant Steve Fischer of the North Dakota Highway Patrol says North Dakota State Superintendent Kirsten Baesler was arrested around 10 pm Wednesday night on Memorial Highway in Mandan for driving under the influence.
NDHP would not comment on Baesler's blood alcohol content. Charges are pending.
Baesler was elected Superintendent of Public Instruction in November 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

this kind of enabling BS pisses me off

Gov. Doug Burgum released this statement Thursday: “We support Kirsten’s plans to seek help and focus on her health.”

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
bp338,

I didn’t see anyone say it’s okay to drive drunk or defend anyone who does/did.

I also don’t disagree with anything you said.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think it's justified for anyone to drive drunk. Just because you do it, she does it, someone you know used to do it all the time, they only did it once, doesn't make it ok in my book. To many pointless fatalities to alcohol related accidents. I guess it's ok until she crashes and kills someone. Then multiple lives are ruined...She should be fired. No question...We should be advocating to keep drunks off the road, especially yourself, and not justifying it at all!

I can honestly say that I've never driven drunk. EVER!

were you officially tested every time you drove after having even 1 drink?

Redneck1

Does anyone ever remember the arrest of the Ward county prosecutor Kelly Dillon a few years ago? What ever happened with that case? I seem to remember the story of her being completely hammered and crashing into an parked vehicle in Minot. She still works as the prosecutor. Some people have very stressful jobs and need to unwind, but there are Lyft drivers 24/7.
I made it through my youth with alot of luck, but times change. I still like to throw a few back myself from time to time but will not drive.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wasn't the Sheriff from Mercer County recently arrested for DUI? Do you think he should lose his job?

- - - Updated - - -

We're number 1. We're number 1.

https://insurify.com/insights/driving-drunk-states-with-the-most-duis/

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you get arrested for "Suspicion of DUI"?
its probably code for they haven’t gone the go ahead to charge her with DUI by the AG. Or she refused and that’s the terminology they use under those circumstances

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
We talk about voting her out as if its just going to happen...my question is, does she run unopposed? Has anyone or is anyone running against her? Voting is only part of the solution. If there isn't an opponent, then voting doesn't do anything.

Like I said earlier, they must not have a large pool of candidates. Apparently the salary is there. Apparently they (her employers) don't expect much from their employees.

I know.. I know.. she works for us.

I'd rather give her the boot, and hire an unknown. At least there'd be a chance that the new person isn't a drunk.

Also, for what it's worth.. I have had a DUI, and struggled mightily with addiction. I'd feel bad for her, except she doesn't seem to take the chances offered her.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
this kind of enabling BS pisses me off

I'm not so sure that's enabling/supportive. It sounds like a....."good luck with this one, you done screwed up big"

Shes elected so short of her resigning (doubtful) not sure what consequences there are other than standard DUI penalties. Which all in all can be pretty severe. Beings this isnt her first rodeo, i'm less sympathetic or naive that it was an "honest" mistake.

Getting a dui these days is serious business and life changing.

Should 0.08 be the limit? I feel like thats debatable.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Representative Craig Headland got pinched for the same thing just before the last election. That ended in reckless driving. Still has his job.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh come on people, it's only a dui. She's in the club. Id bet a good amount of you are in the club. Im a 2 timer.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
0 for me. old man told me he would beat my ass and i believe him im 40 and still think he would

- - - Updated - - -

didnt need to drive i did plenty of dumb shit drunk

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
We talk about voting her out as if its just going to happen...my question is, does she run unopposed? Has anyone or is anyone running against her? Voting is only part of the solution. If there isn't an opponent, then voting doesn't do anything.
she was opposed by a very qualified conservative last time

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93