Lets see them ice fishing setups

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
#bucketsandtarpstrapsarethewaveofthefuture.

- - - Updated - - -

#dope

#thefishdontcare

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried this....

Fish House005.jpg

It didn't work!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gaywhofishes doesn't have many buckets but lots of tarp straps. Tarp straps and bungee cords are the key to catching fish. The more the better

Organization is key, but he takes it to the next level. #powerhead

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried this.... It didn't work!!

I like this because my history is paved with this sort of "experience"

but I wouldn't change it for the world because I learned more from failures than I did first time success

#betterlivingthroughc̶h̶e̶m̶i̶s̶t̶r̶y̶ prototyping

- - - Updated - - -

Organization is key, but he takes it to the next level. #powerhead

:D

the key to success in ice fishing is to switch gear for four people into different pickups - twice - before departing on a 2 hour drive to the honey hole

and make sure you cook bacon and eggs for the first arrival since you have nothing better to do

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like this because my history is paved with this sort of "experience"

but I wouldn't change it for the world because I learned more from failures than I did first time success

#betterlivingthroughc̶h̶e̶m̶i̶s̶t̶r̶y̶ prototyping

- - - Updated - - -

:D

the key to success in ice fishing is to switch gear for four people into different pickups - twice - before departing on a 2 hour drive to the honey hole

and make sure you cook bacon and eggs for the first arrival since you have nothing better to do

Oh dah wisdom and knowledge I learn from these topics is more valuable the sitting at the local watering hole chewing the fat with those old timers. Who really have no knowledge of how many tarp straps or bacon and eggs to fry up. Priceless knowledge for those who don't know.
KateUptonBikiniGalleryBannedInHollywood1-1.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0183.jpg
This is what my setup looks like most of the time.

I don't have any pictures of my shack to show the inside. Add reflectix if you have the non-insulated tarp. Keeps heat in and eliminates those awesome drips of water down the back of your shirt. There's plenty of DIY rod holders out there but I just bought the otter ones that attach to the pole hinge assembly thing. Not sure what you call that part. I also have two I bolts on the back side of the tub to attach those angel wings to in event of high wind. Used them once and it was worth the cost. I also added a 3 foot strip of led lights. I don't use them often but it's nice when its getting dark and you need to light up the shack. I'm going to add a plate for the battery to sit on so I can actually rig up a switch instead of using alligator clips. I haven't added anything inside the tub for storage.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh dah wisdom and knowledge I learn from these topics is more valuable the sitting at the local watering hole chewing the fat with those old timers. Who really have no knowledge of how many tarp straps or bacon and eggs to fry up. Priceless knowledge for those who don't know.

relax - side conversations and inside jocularity are what truly drives this site

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I get my flip over off the rack for the season, I can take pics then. I put some extra wide runners on the bottom and carpeted the inside of the sled. Only problem with the carpet is when it gets wet I have to put a fan on it to dry out. Not an issue for me, but could be for somebody that doesnt have a heated garage to thaw the house out. Pics to come...

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, looks like the killer set up for an oompa loompa

It would have been. Oh I had a little 3 inch bench on the back side to sit on and a back rest. I took it on the ice and EVERYTHING was going fine.....until......I had to set the hook on a fish. THEN the problems began. After 3 lost fish I just went outside and the icehouse went in the fire pit. I laughed about the whole thing for quite a while. The dumb stuff I do....astounds me.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would have been. Oh I had a little 3 inch bench on the back side to sit on and a back rest. I took it on the ice and EVERYTHING was going fine.....until......I had to set the hook on a fish. THEN the problems began. After 3 lost fish I just went outside and the icehouse went in the fire pit. I laughed about the whole thing for quite a while. The dumb stuff I do....astounds me.

Could did some modification to the ceiling, could of cut a hole in the roof and put a couple of buckets over the hole fastened down with tarp straps or bungee cords.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I DID cut a hole in the roof.......and the walls......and the floor......and then I burned them all!!!!! :;:muahaha

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could did some modification to the ceiling, could of cut a hole in the roof and put a couple of buckets over the hole fastened down with tarp straps or bungee cords.

Now your getting it, buckets man buckets

#bucketsfixeverything

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
2014-12-15 20.31.55.jpg
2014-12-15 20.31.11.jpg
2014-12-15 20.29.14.jpg
rubber well nuts used to semi-permanently attach my vex to a bucket

I can stop snowmobile, drill, drop puck, fish without hassle - great for scouting - easy on guy's old butt

Can also carry vex around and fish with vex still attached to lid - easy peasy

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was a little kid we would be flying down the road doing sixty and the old man would slam on the breaks and say tarp strap, Then I got to play fetch.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14