Measure 2: Marijuana Legalization

Will you support the legalization of high THC cannabis in ND?

• Yes

Votes: 71 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 36.5%
  • Don't care... Hand me another beer!

Votes: 23 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh man. And I was hoping to get up and smoke a big joint for breakfast.
Just talk to any high school or college kid. You'll have one in your hand in 15 minutes.

Kinda like the whole criminals don't care if they can't lawfully own a gun thing.....

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't change things much. The ones that do smoke it will continue to do so, whether legal or illegal. Just can't be quite as open about it if it had passed.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Doesn't change things much. The ones that do smoke it will continue to do so, whether legal or illegal. Just can't be quite as open about it if it had passed.
Exactly, almost nothing changes. It's easier to get than most item's on a person's grocery list these days and people that do it still will without issue. Any kid that wants to try it still has it right at their fingertips. Or I guess they can do fentanyl instead.

All that potential tax revenue for the state will just go to guys selling it out of their basement for cash instead.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
1668017375319.png

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it really matter if it's legal anyways? Anybody that wants it can find it easier than a damn Mcdonalds. Think it's just a ticket nowadays for simple possession isn't it? But me do thinks the taxes generated from legalizing it would outweigh the revenue generated from a few tickets a month. Shits retarded. Smoke em if ya got em I guess.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have some friends that live in states where it's legal. The problem now is that the underground dealers are selling cheaper than the dispensaries, or people grow their own. Therefore, the state is not making a "killing" off of tax revenue. They are still making money, just not as much as they should be.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have some friends that live in states where it's legal. The problem now is that the underground dealers are selling cheaper than the dispensaries, or people grow their own. Therefore, the state is not making a "killing" off of tax revenue. They are still making money, just not as much as they should be.
Define 'should'. IMO people SHOULD be allowed to make their own wine and grow their own weed should they chose to do so... Im ok with the govt taxing retail sales, but creating a closed system that only benefits big business and the govt isnt the right way to do legalization.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Define 'should'. IMO people SHOULD be allowed to make their own wine and grow their own weed should they chose to do so... Im ok with the govt taxing retail sales, but creating a closed system that only benefits big business and the govt isnt the right way to do legalization.
I'm not saying a closed system is good either. I'm saying that argument to support it is B.S. Supporters argue that it'll take the power away from the drug dealers and the state will make so much money in taxes. This is only part truth. Underground dealers will still sell plenty, no matter what. The other argument I can't stand is "it's only a plant, it's not harmful". HAHAHAHA there's a lot of plants out there that are harmful, and this one fits in with all the others. The only good argument for it is that alcohol is legal so why not MJ? I do agree that one is not less harmful than the other.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was really looking forward to the skunk smell every effn place a person goes, like in Vegas.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Question, if a person gets a Medical Marijuana card do you lose the rights to own firearms?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question, if a person gets a Medical Marijuana card do you lose the rights to own firearms?
I dont think so, but you may not be able to buy any new firearms through a FFL, which is kinda BS because you could very well have a MM card and not consume MM, but they assume you do I guess. And if you lie on it, Biden will probably have you thrown in some federal prison for 2 years before you can see a judge...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was really looking forward to the skunk smell every effn place a person goes, like in Vegas.
People can already smoke hemp wherever they want outside, which smells the same... BUT the bill they were trying to pass specifically stated you cannot consume it in public places, not sure if it would be enforced though...

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When i was a young lad i did smoke corn silk a time or two. Didn't do anything in the way of mind alternating and no taste to it. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76