MN Twins

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ouch....really tough to listen to on the way home from mpls with the kids in the back seat. Wow.....I'm a "rube" and can't stand losing, let alone 6 to start the season. My poor wife in the front seat......

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never thought they were World Series bound, but I figured they would at least be competitive for most of the year. But, for the fifth year in a row, I suffered hypothermia just to watch a team play like they don't give a crap. Opening day at Target field, yet again, was as quiet as a funeral. I miss the metro dome, and a team worth cheering for.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
They really shouldn't be as bad as they are right now offensively. Pitching was going to be subject, everyone knew that, but I think I could out hit them right now.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the whole outdoor stadium thing in minnesota without the ability to close things up in any way shape or form was probably a mistake. from what i hear, that place can be down right miserable in april, early may and late september. makes it a tough place to play in i would imagine and a less than enjoyable place to catch a game. can you imagine if we made a late run into the playoffs and had to play a world series game there in weather in the in the teens or worse with the wind howling 20+ mph? probably nothing to worry about. by the time we make a late run in the playoffs, i am guessing global warming will have taken over and target stadium will be a tropical paradise. but, still...

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
0-8. Able to catch an afternoon game on the radio while at work tomorrow. oh, but there are so many other options on the radio dial.

It's really hard to get behind an 0-8 team just after celebrating a national championship.

Lost Troy Stecher to the NHL today; a year early. Dangit!!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was planning a weekend trip in August down to watch them. Was thinking of purchasing tickets early in case they were in the pennant race and good tickets would be hard to come by. Looks like I can wait until game day and buy street side from some poor season ticket holder who wants to dump tickets for .05 cents on the dollar.;:;boohoo

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Twin's coaching is the biggest problem. They care more about having a good record in spring training then they do about getting the players ready for the real season.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Times have changed

12472450_10154108695417888_8254750447624784059_n.jpg

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minnesota still has a baseball team? I thought they moved to Los Angeles...

No wait...the Vikings were threatening to do that. Right?

I get so confused. So many crappy Minnesota teams across so many athletic disciplines, it's tough to keep them straight!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've already given up on them for the year. If they win 1 more game and it's the one I have tickets to in August I'd be fine. I can't believe they even put Jepsen in anymore with any less than a 8 run lead which will never happen unless they start letting the twins count strikeouts as runs. Man am I glad I'm smart enough to root for only one Minnesota sports team;:;barf;:;banghead:;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 58
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19