MN Twins

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minnesota still has a baseball team? I thought they moved to Los Angeles...

No wait...the Vikings were threatening to do that. Right?

I get so confused. So many crappy Minnesota teams across so many athletic disciplines, it's tough to keep them straight!

Vikings won the division. You got the confused part right anyway......

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had the opportunity to watch them this afternoon or take a nap. Three fellows co-workers voted i take the nap. After watching them for a bit the electricity went out for the entire city of mandan north of main. So someone else made that decision for me!! I didn't take the time to nap either; too many irons in the fire.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty excited to watch the vikes this year and although i'm not a basketball fan the t-wolves seem like they could be a pretty good team sometime soon with all the young talent they have. Wild are an above average team. Not a terrible time to be a MN sports fan IMO, only exceptionally terrible team is the twins

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're on pace to win 39 games. 39 total titty sprinkling games. Out of 162.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

;:;popcorn

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I turned the game on last night just in time to see May give up a two run double in the 8th....this team is so bad!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I turned the game on last night just in time to see May give up a two run double in the 8th....this team is so bad!

I did the same. Unbelievably horrible pitching. Pitching was horrible last year and we all knew it....they did nearly nothing to improve in the off season. Will be interesting to see if people continue to pay to go to the games when they are this bad. I won't waste my time and money going when the games are meaningless. Course they may be on pace to be all-time worst right now.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The twins do suck. But that being said they have won more division titles the past twenty years than anybody else in the division. I'm not sure what that says for the division though

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking today, looking over some baseball scores and standings. I dont think the twins have but 2- maybe 3 guys that would start on any average team. haha!

Mauer if moved back to catcher would
Sano if moved to 3rd
Park? meh
Plouffe? meh

Not one pitcher would be more than a number 5 starter. What a gong show! People need to quit showing up to the home games to hit Terry and Pohlads in the pocket book.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
LMAO--Glad Im not a Twinkie fan.....and....the Cubs are just the opposite...40-16........LMAO....

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking today, looking over some baseball scores and standings. I dont think the twins have but 2- maybe 3 guys that would start on any average team. haha!

Mauer if moved back to catcher would
Sano if moved to 3rd
Park? meh
Plouffe? meh

Not one pitcher would be more than a number 5 starter. What a gong show! People need to quit showing up to the home games to hit Terry and Pohlads in the pocket book.

The only problem with that plan is Minnesota people are too "nice". Sorry it won't work. Minnesota needs more assholes or people from New York.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's get this out of the way....I'm a huge Rube and will always be. God help my kids, they're hooked on MN sports too.

The Vikes are in great shape going into this year with new stadium, revamped O line, and all around solid team. Zimmer is the real deal and can LEAD. Heck of a defensive mind too. "NO excuses" he says to Bridgewater and Peterson after new O line acquisitions. 12-4, NFC champs.

Twins are abysmal but have SO much young talent in the field it's silly. They need playing time in the big show and guess what - no more perfect time than 16-40 (WAIT - they went to extras tonight, could get #17!). Buxton, Sano, Park, Rosario, Centeno, Keppler, Barrios......pitching overall sucks and bullpen is terrible to put it nicely. 40 wins on the season would be a blessing. Next year, provided they all get playing time and a few coaching changes - could be a better season. Think KC Royals five years ago if we add pitching.

TWolves are also up-and-coming. Lots of young, very good talent ready to put it all together. Not a championship team, but playoffs not far away if they make a few moves and rookies grow up right.

Wild - not a huge hockey fan and won't comment. I know, I know - but I'm an NDSU grad-to-be, not a Fighting Hawk.

Lynx is the pride of MN and, well, I don't follow women's basketball so GREAT for them.

Let the onslaught of anti-MN team comments begin......

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, not a twins....er twinkies fan by as means, by I think your team may as well tank the season, to make dang sure you get first choice in the draft....lol......sorry, couldn't help it...:;:muahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 57
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 18