Mortgage Rates-Refinance?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so are they including closing cost and do you have to have you house appraised?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually have to pay closing costs and probably will need an appraisal. I think the need for an appraisal has a lot to do with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac rules. The rate you get quoted has to do with your credit score also.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kurt:

There once was savings and loans in this country and Gate City was one.
Called and ask for a direct loan on my home and the rate was 3.9%. But she said if I use the secondary market the rate would be as been quoted on here. I guess I do not need a home loan.

Vehicle rate if I purchase pickup would be in high 3%. Higher than I thought but been out of the game for some time.

Fees for my home loan would be about $500 and that is for appraisal and attorney work. No fee for just making the loan. As all big banks, they have a different way of coming up with interest cost. Maybe somewhat more using secondary market funds.

Got old but it is kinda nice not to have to get up in the morning or worry about making a payment. Now just the virus but not much in a 401 and then there is standing alone in keeping ones AR. I have no doubt there will be few along side me. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14