Muck Boot Alternative

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mucks...then get a pair of those heat reflective insoles... makes them fit a bit better if they are loose, feels better on the feet when walking, plus they keep your feet just that much warmer..

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
the biggest thing to remember is wear polypropylene socks under wool socks when wearing winter boots.

Perchslayer

Established Member
I have arctic sports my feet don't get cold even in thinner boots tho, but I like them good for ducks in fall too

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was waiting for thoughts by "Captain Circulation".

I was also...

- - - Updated - - -

He already said baffins were out. I friggen love those boots even if they're huge. -24 below on LW last year and my feet thought they were in cancun.

This is the kind of talk that can change a guys mind...

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fyi..
White ones are rated colder. I have high hopes. For $100 I figured it's worth the gamble.

RE: Bunnie boots: I have three pair; one black pair (army issue 1975 circa) without the valve in the side, a pair of black ones with the valve in the side, and a white pair with the valve. They are all the same/similar as far as I'm concerned. My understanding is the black ones were issued to army/marines and the white ones were issued to the air force.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
the biggest thing to remember is wear polypropylene socks under wool socks when wearing winter boots.
This^^^^. Where some type of liner sock that wicks away moisture inside a good wool sock especially if your moving around and then sitting.

I got a fairly cheap pair of Gander Mountain boots a few years ago that are similar to Alpha Burlys and they work great for late season hunting. Have had a pair of Ice Armour Sub Zero boots for ice fishing the last 5 years and they've been great boots. When it's really cold I will use toe warmers or heated insoles.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 194
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88