NDA Ammo and Reloading Component TRADE thread

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
20221027_173739.jpg
The pistol looking thing on the bottom shelf, is that an older dummy launcher for dog training?

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they prefer to be called "vintage".
Damn autocorrect, fixed it now. I wish they were still the vintage 208 amax's then I wouldn't have switched to the 215 bergers and might be switching again to something bonded or all copper.

Still doing some inventory but I also have 2lbs of IMR 700x. One is the "vintage" metal can but unopened and one is the new plastic if anyone is interested. Also a partial box of 30cal 190gr Berger VLD's that I don't have a need for.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought some 45acp ammo manufactured in 1943 but repacked in 1945 that was in original unopened boxes to go with my 1943 1911a1. I would like to get some Vietnam era original stuff to go with the 1911 and the reproduction m16A1 or some WWII 30-06 ammo to go with my m1 Garand. Other than that I don’t collect the stuff but I know a few people who really like the vintage stuff.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
so after 3+ years of sparse shelves are you guys still convinced that the only reason be don't have all the powders and primers on the shelves is because greedy people are hoarding them and that there is nothing nefarious going on in the background?

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but if there is any involved here, it's just additional fallout from the giant scam known as Covid.

Some contributing events that I can think of offhand:
1. Covid BS severely limiting business to run at full capacity.
2. Resulting supply chain issues. -- Keep in mind that very little powder is produced in the USA.
3. Labor shortages, mostly because many people decided they prefer the .gov teat.
4. Millions of new gun owners.
5. Remington (big time ammo and primer maker) collapsed.
6. Trend toward Just In Time (JIT) manufacturing. Manufacturers don't want to store a shitload of product. They want to produce roughly as much as they can sell in a given time period. -- This is very efficient until there's a huge spike in demand. Then they can't catch up until demand subsides.

All of these things lead to scarcity across the board, which only feeds into more hoarding. The guy that normally only stocks a brick or two of primers now buys 10 because who knows when you'll be able to get them again. -- Multiply that behavior x a few million and it's easy to see why we're still here.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but if there is any involved here, it's just additional fallout from the giant scam known as Covid.

Some contributing events that I can think of offhand:
1. Covid BS severely limiting business to run at full capacity.
2. Resulting supply chain issues. -- Keep in mind that very little powder is produced in the USA.
3. Labor shortages, mostly because many people decided they prefer the .gov teat.
4. Millions of new gun owners.
5. Remington (big time ammo and primer maker) collapsed.
6. Trend toward Just In Time (JIT) manufacturing. Manufacturers don't want to store a shitload of product. They want to produce roughly as much as they can sell in a given time period. -- This is very efficient until there's a huge spike in demand. Then they can't catch up until demand subsides.

All of these things lead to scarcity across the board, which only feeds into more hoarding. The guy that normally only stocks a brick or two of primers now buys 10 because who knows when you'll be able to get them again. -- Multiple that behavior x a few million and it's easy to see why we're still here.
Yep.

Along w/Remington being down, Italy was especially hard hit w/CV-19, that's where lots of Fiocchi ammo is made. Also, lots of Federal/American Eagle/Estate ammo made in MN. MN was downright draconian w/their CV-19 reduced workforce mandates for a VERY long time.

Regarding #6, it's not just manufacturers who don't carry inventory anymore. Wholesalers and retail outlets don't carry big stocks anymore either.

Just my opinion, but, I suspect we're 2-3 years out from anything resembling "normal" regarding reloading components. Ammo aisles are beginning to "look" full, but take a close look. There aren't 20-30 choices of 270/30-06 ammo, there's 4-5 with decent numbers. None of the seasonal run stuff has been run since 2019. 32 Special, 284Win, 25-35, 7x57, 35Rem, 358Win, etc, etc, etc. Until you see the ammo aisle back to pre-pandemic shape, there'll be spotty availability of reloading components.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say that, at least jugding by Fargo Scheels inventory, it's getting better all the time. There are a bunch of primers there, and more powder choices than I've seen in 2 years.
Many online retailers are now able to keep things in stock. For example, a year ago, you had to be pretty internet savvy (and lucky) to snag popular powders like H4350 or Varget. Now you can have either of them anytime you want (albeit at nearly 2x the price).

Huntdux

I bought some 45acp ammo manufactured in 1943 but repacked in 1945 that was in original unopened boxes to go with my 1943 1911a1. I would like to get some Vietnam era original stuff to go with the 1911 and the reproduction m16A1 or some WWII 30-06 ammo to go with my m1 Garand. Other than that I don’t collect the stuff but I know a few people who really like the vintage stuff.
I have maybe 12 fully loaded M1 clips with WWII ammo you can have.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
so after 3+ years of sparse shelves are you guys still convinced that the only reason be don't have all the powders and primers on the shelves is because greedy people are hoarding them and that there is nothing nefarious going on in the background?
Powder is easy to find now. Prices went way up so people quit hoarding it. The hard to find stuff is now still on the shelves. $50+ powder is crazy

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone got any shooters world precision they would want to sell?

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got some .224 projectiles for sale or trade. All boxes are full, just opened one each to take some measurements. Looking for H4895. May also trade for other 224, 6mm, or 6.5mm bullets.
20230227_111226.jpg

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have some 30 cal 215 Target Hybrids (new in box, as in-never opened) I would trade for 30 cal 230 Berger Target Hybrids. Not interested in selling just trading.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bullshit all these reloading prices glad I hoarded it 20 to 40 years ago. I think it is a scam. Just like building houses trusses back 2 years ago COvid times they were $100,000 now $60,000. Just wish rest of everything else would come back to normal prices.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88