Ndsu vs. UND I've football

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
obama-sioux-hockey-490x272.jpg

Why is everyone concerned about what others like?

Somebody likes who hockey

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I get to watch this JV football game from the dome. Just got confirmation on my ticket. Going to have to get up early Saturday so I can make the 2 hour trek for some tailgating.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
"what is a bi son"?

Mom and Dad sent their kid off to college. When he turned and faced them on his way out the door, they both said "Bi son"!!!!

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't be proud of that pic, so is UND an Obama supporter:;:stirthepot

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just love reading insults thrown left and right about UND. Sad thing is that it is because bison fans are scared. Scared that und will be at the same level as the bison and will no longer have something that und doesn't. Some of you forget the big time games the bison basketball team won the last few years. Those games have given ndsu way more notoriety than football. Nobody watches ndsu football or und hockey outside of the Midwest.

I really hope und puts up a good game. I cant wait for tailgating. I wonder where I und friendly bar will be to watch the game?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just love reading insults thrown left and right about UND. Sad thing is that it is because bison fans are scared. Scared that und will be at the same level as the bison and will no longer have something that und doesn't. Some of you forget the big time games the bison basketball team won the last few years. Those games have given ndsu way more notoriety than football. Nobody watches ndsu football or und hockey outside of the Midwest.

I really hope und puts up a good game. I cant wait for tailgating. I wonder where I und friendly bar will be to watch the game?

chloe-meme-original-240x180.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=1]No Nickel On the Line[/h] Updated: Thu 3:50 PM, Sep 17, 2015

One team will win this weekend and to the victor will go the glory but no trophy.
The winner of the NDSU-UND football game previously was awarded the Nickel Trophy.
Its a 75-pound coin with a Bison logo on one side and an Indian head logo on the other.
UND has since retired its Fighting Sioux nickname that was deemed hostile and abusive by the NCAA, so the trophy was retired.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

I hope UND puts up a good game too. Are we worried -- yes any time a Cinderella comes to town to knock off a block I think one should be worried. Are we worried that NDSU may stumble and fall -- nope -- I think the precedent has been placed --- if you were being recruited for football which school would you pick. That momentum keeps rolling unless if the team continues to lose. I don't like blowouts and hope its a goody. I loved the MT game. My brother went and he said it was the most hostile place to play. Dome will be hostile too.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's going to be a good game the atmosphere alone is going to make it worth it. I hope it's not a blow out I would like it to stay close for atleast 3 quarters.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every single bison fan has a little voice in the back of thier head wondering what if the Sioux win.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every single bison fan has a little voice in the back of thier head wondering what if the Sioux win.
True that........just like every WHO fan is slightly to moderately jealous of the success the bison have had in football the last 5 years and secretly wish they could have a program half as good.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Always nice to see manicured fingernails gripping a hockey stick.

So why should anyone in ND care if some hillbilly out of Tennesse or earring wearing peacock out of California has heard of ND sports or has the opportunity to buy NDSU football or UND hockey gear in their local sporting goods store?

Christ almighty, this is North Dakota, our women out shovelin snow off the sidewalks in Jan. so they can get down ot the bar and bring their man back a case of Bud are tougher than most Florida Gator football players.

I could give two shits if some snot nosed little kid in Texas can buy a Bison jersey at the local store or not. Tell him to go back out and play with the rattle snakes and quit his whinin. What the hell kinda measuring stick is that

This is one of the great rivalries in college sports in our state. It should be played every year FOR the nickel trophy, the PC police can kiss my ass. Tradition!!!!!

If it offends any of the PC whiners from UND maybe they can have a picture of a tampon put on their side of the Nickel instead.

That TBT video of what the rivalry USED to be is a sad statement of today's world even here in ND.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is one of the great rivalries in college sports in our state. It should be played every year FOR the nickel trophy, the PC police can kiss my ass. Tradition!!!!!

I doubt you'd find a fan from either side (that was a fan prior to '03 when the rivalry was derailed) who doesn't agree with this.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will root for the Bison, but I'm not really a fan of 40 point blow-outs either. Just hoping for a close, clean game.
I think South Dakota State will be the game to watch whenever they play them.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always nice to see manicured fingernails gripping a hockey stick.

So why should anyone in ND care if some hillbilly out of Tennesse or earring wearing peacock out of California has heard of ND sports or has the opportunity to buy NDSU football or UND hockey gear in their local sporting goods store?

Christ almighty, this is North Dakota, our women out shovelin snow off the sidewalks in Jan. so they can get down ot the bar and bring their man back a case of Bud are tougher than most Florida Gator football players.

I could give two shits if some snot nosed little kid in Texas can buy a Bison jersey at the local store or not. Tell him to go back out and play with the rattle snakes and quit his whinin. What the hell kinda measuring stick is that

If it offends any of the PC whiners from UND maybe they can have a picture of a tampon put on their side of the Nickel instead.

That TBT video of what the rivalry USED to be is a sad statement of today's world even here in ND.

Did hell just freeze over?? This is the first time I've ever read something from GST and agreed on it. Well, to heck with this...I'm gonna start drinking early today, gentlemen!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 222
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 55