New Ranger heated cab or tracks

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine is no where near the machines pictured here, but no bank is earning interest off my hobbies.
I would likely have a new one all loaded up but my financial advisor (mrs johnr) recommend that I don't buy more than the available cash on hand.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
suzi.jpg
I throw the HDS 7 on the dashboard for GPS, FL-18 on the dash board. I like fishing out of a vehicle, but a 36inch greenback rod doesn't fish out of a vehicle as nice as a 20-24in perch rod. I usually run 2 people in this and most of the gear has a spot on the back seat and pull the trap. I did have to take a saws all to the bumper to eliminate track rub.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Auggie, nice looking unit. I could see myself going this route. Besides the cost of the tracker, what was the cost of the tracks, installation etc? Basically, what do you have into that neat ice fishing machine? THanks!

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all, about $8,000. Look up atvtracks.net. They sell a camoplast tracks with tracker adapter. The adapter converts the 5 lug bolts of the tracker to 4 lug bolts of the track. The machine is fairly wide compared to a SxS. I bought a trailer that's 83in wide and the setup fits, but it's toight like a tiger.

- - - Updated - - -

This is also nice because I feel safe locking things in it over night.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice. I have a 14ft single axel trailer but spose that wouldn't do the job. Or would it? What does it weigh?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove this rig on a truck scale loaded with the Mrs. and it was right around 3,000lbs. It works nice, but tops out at about 20mph. I wish it went faster, but the slower speed prevents busting something on Winnipeg.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove this rig on a truck scale loaded with the Mrs. and it was right around 3,000lbs. It works nice, but tops out at about 20mph. I wish it went faster, but the slower speed prevents busting something on Winnipeg.

gives you some Busch light time, and less spillage.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put mattracks on a toyota tacoma a couple years ago. I never once didnt get buried when i used it. The tracks would break through the hard snow crust and then i would need a tractor to get pulled out. It was a very expensive lesson to say the least. i could see them working ok on a tracker because the short wheel base that creates a "footprint" so to speak. All this being said, in ND with the hard crust snow, i would shy away from putting tracks on vehicles over lightweight Atv's

I ended up sellng the tracks to a gentlemen in california. He has a cabin in the mountains there and wanted a vehicle for his wife with tracks instead of using a snowsled. I warned him about the issues i had and he wasnt worried becuase he planned to groom a trail for the tracked vehicle with his snowcat.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like it Auggie! I had considered going a similar route as to what you did but ultimately decided that the Ranger would suite our needs better for all season use.

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those Rangers with cabs, heaters, tracks, and light bars sure are a thing of beauty! Maybe someday I'll be able to get one! My only question is, if you get stuck in the middle of a lake, what are you going to hook the winch too?

Drill a hole and drop a ice angel in it to winch yourself out. Works great

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 32
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11