OK..Chumps..whats your fav soup for cold weather???

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chili is my favorite. vegetable beef and potato/dill are great too. Actually I like most soups. Actually I like most food. Could be the reason for my excess wait problem. Damn it's hard to lose. Quitting tobacco was wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen it a couple times which is another "reason" to not quit cope.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chili, home made tomato, chicken noodle, beer cheese, and my fams current fav is a chicken and black bean wifh cubed pumpkin- cubed butternut, acorn, or hubbard squash. I make the chicken stock and add tomato, green chili, garlic and onion. I like it topped with fresh cilantro.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dump soup

brown hamburger add some chopped onion and garlic and black pepper then start dumping cans of veggies that have been drained (gets rid of some of the excess sodium) and canned tomatoes in the pot and heat it till it boils. enjoy.

when everyone in the house works usually not much time to fix anything and this one is fast.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duck gumbo (if I have the 2 days it takes to make it right)
Pheasant and dumpling soup
Chili in any and all forms

- - - Updated - - -

Dump soup

brown hamburger add some chopped onion and garlic and black pepper then start dumping cans of veggies that have been drained (gets rid of some of the excess sodium) and canned tomatoes in the pot and heat it till it boils. enjoy.

when everyone in the house works usually not much time to fix anything and this one is fast.
I bet this is good but I'm starting a gofundme to hire a marketing firm for that name.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey Crockett had it, made a batch of potato soup for work yesterday. It is best when the spoon can stand up. Second favorite is chicken and wild rice. Chili does sound good for this weekend, thanks for the suggestion. Stay warm.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bean soup, left over bone in ham cooked slow, beans, carrots, celery, onions, and dumplings

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
stew.jpg
Thats whats cooking now chumps...goose stew....

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a chili fan but eat lots of different soups. I've had some chicken and rice soup made with local seasonings that was terrific. Also oyster stew is right up there.

Dill pickle soup is one that I am going to try soon.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Personally I don't consider chili as a soup but do love chili what it's cold outside. For soup my favorite is chicken tortilla, hands down. Lot's of really good soups and do prefer homemade but with all the good soups I still have to stick with tortilla as my favorite.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally I don't consider chili as a soup but do love chili what it's cold outside. For soup my favorite is chicken tortilla, hands down. Lot's of really good soups and do prefer homemade but with all the good soups I still have to stick with tortilla as my favorite.

Did you see my poor man's version above? It works.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I been browsing around and discovered you're supposed to eat the chicken feet. Not me. I'd consider them like a bay leaf or spice bag. I will say this thread is a reminder to me not to throw out pheasant's and perhaps KD should save them also with his fowl.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yo_DkHXXjI

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93