Old guys, Reflections

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
JFK shot was a biggy,,in grade school our teacher broke down in tears sent us all home,JFK was truely loved in our country,as we were on the brink of atomic war at the time with russia/cuba missile crisis,JFK didn't back down he was a warrior.,every week our school had bomb drills,to young to realize why just an excuse to get outof class.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who remembers Captain 11 out of Aberdeen, SD. I know there has to be at least one of you!

I never did win that damn toy chest.....

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm just barely old enough to recall Bugs Bunny, Loony Tunes, and Heckle-and-Jeckle cartoons that perpetuated all manner of racial stereotypes.

Add Popeye to that list , There is one in particular that I still shake my head at

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I liked Jonny Quest With Race Bannon and Hadji, Dr Quest and Bandit.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who remembers Captain 11 out of Aberdeen, SD. I know there has to be at least one of you!

I never did win that damn toy chest.....

He was also Dave Dedrick, the weatherman on KELO land tv

captain11.jpg

sdtransplant

Established Member

I never did win that damn toy chest.....​
I remember as a wee lad watching Captain 11 after school on channel 3 KDLO never won the chest but did win a Christmas card contest once. You had to draw a Christmas card and send it in , won some board game can't even remember what it was .All this was happening on a RCA black and white with rabbit ears. Was going to gym for a Thanksgiving party in school was 6 yrs old.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just barely old enough to recall Bugs Bunny, Loony Tunes, and Heckle-and-Jeckle cartoons that perpetuated all manner of racial stereotypes.

Did you ever watch Little Rascals? I wonder if anyone would be offended if you asksed whazup Buckwheat?

I was 7th grade when JFK was shot. I remember him as terribly liberal then, but watched a couple of his speeches on utuble lately. Made me think he is more conservative than present day RINOs. More conservative than most republicans. I guess with communism far left it was natural for democrats to slide that direction, but why are the fool republicans sliding that direction too?

Last edited:

Happycamper

Honored Member
I was a senior in HS when JFK was elected. He inspired me and I enlisted right after my 18th birthday. He visited My division temporarily in Ga after we were mobilized during the Cuban missle crisis. I shed tears when he was killed and still wonder about the circumstances of his shooting.
PS, I am no longer inspired by anything the Democrats offer

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Archie Bunker was created by Norman Lear. The biggest liberal in Hollywood at the time. He created the character to ridicule conservative, uneducated, white men. The message was quite subversive, as most of us thought Archie was created to champion our beliefs.

And we laughed at our own expense/demise.

Now if anyone wants to watch something total politically incorrect......an animated film from the 60's....Fritz the Cat. Black people are crows, cops are pigs and on and on. However, in the end, the Cat figures it out. The 60's revolution was controlled from the top down.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
And we laughed at our own expense/demise.

Now if anyone wants to watch something total politically incorrect......an animated film from the 60's....Fritz the Cat. Black people are crows, cops are pigs and on and on. However, in the end, the Cat figures it out. The 60's revolution was controlled from the top down.

LOL fritz,never knew....thanx for the heads-up ,watched a trailer pretty crazy even back then but funny,don't recall fritz but my pop's didn't allow much tv back then....can you imagine the re-run's of "Amos n Andy" today? oh the horror....

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just ordered the whole series of "The Fall Guy" on DVD. Been watching "Quantum Leap" on DVD as well. Already watched all the "Columbo" series.

That said I'm learning how to edit and upload video for my son's Youtube channel so I'm trying to keep up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33