• Did you get a deer ?

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • Did you get a deer license ?

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • Did you get 2 deer licenses ?

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Did you get 3 or more deer licenses ?

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Did you see less deer this year than usual ?

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Did you get 2 deer ?

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Did you get 3 or more deer ?

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Do you wish you would have gotten a deer license ?

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • Does this poll anger you ?

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Was this poll helpfull ?

Votes: 17 13.3%

• Total voters

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, if you do a search on NDA, you will come up with at least 3 years of "Discussion" on this topic that will contain the same "Broken Record" arguments for a one tag system. This topic has been discussed to death and the one tag system has been shown to be lacking in all areas. So, other than the illustrations of cry baby, whiner, and other descriptions, can you "Discuss" anything in my post that's untrue?? Do you have something new to bring to the table or just the same old arguments for a one tag system?? If not, enjoy your gratis tags, post pics of your success, and I'll be happy for you. Until then, I'll attack the one tag system every single time it comes up with 8 year old fever, grown up debate skills, and an adult education.
Go back to the ND game warden thread and see who was the first to mention the one tag system opening the door for responses it seems some on the other side cannot let it go

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
To insert my 2 cents: I received a 2nd chance doe tag and after seeing some deer, I asked the landowner to hunt. He allowed me to, and I was able to tag a nice doe and put meat in the freezer. I dont own any land, but I’ve noticed that alot of landowners are gracious enough to allow people on if you are respectful. It might be different for trophy hunters, but I’m a meat hunter, and have had the opportunity to hunt some great land thanks to private landowners.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
To insert my 2 cents: I received a 2nd chance doe tag and after seeing some deer, I asked the landowner to hunt. He allowed me to, and I was able to tag a nice doe and put meat in the freezer. I dont own any land, but I’ve noticed that alot of landowners are gracious enough to allow people on if you are respectful. It might be different for trophy hunters, but I’m a meat hunter, and have had the opportunity to hunt some great land thanks to private landowners.

Some land owners can be nice even if the general public disagree. I am sure many find it hard to believe but at least I can say that we have actually made some very good friends that stopped asked and just ended up building a relationship, on the flip side we have had to kick some to the curb because of their decisions over time.
Congrats to your freezer huntThumbs Up

- - - Updated - - -

Man my brain hurts reading this thread...we need some cold temps and quick so we can get to ice fishing and bury this subject for another year.

Till decent ice I'm filling in with upland and by the looks need to knock down a couple yotes.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM. I like that rant!

Alot of you fellas should relax and enjoy what ND game n fish do.
SO much better than the blue state to the east!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody's panties are all bunched up. I wonder how long it took him to come up with this well thought out and intelligent response to my comment they left with a neg rep.

Thread: One tag systemFuuuuuuck you

I hope this doesn't represent the intelligence of all those against a one tag system.

What type of man is to scared to sign their bad reps

WhiskeyRebellion

KDM, Are you confused? Clueless? Maybe a little slow? Everyone DOES NOT have the same chance of getting a tag. About half of the buck tags in this state are issued as gratis tags. Of course you don't see a problem with that. You clearly benefit from it. So be damned to anyone who might suffer from the system. Am I right? For the record; I do bow hunt. I don't apply for a muley tag. I apply in central ND. I do hunt out of state, mostly just to have a chance in the fall. I'm sorry, but it's a damn dirty shame to have to go 5 plus years to draw a tag having to go hunt out of state. When someone like you gets on for free every year while calling frustrated, tax paying fellow hunters "whiners". So I guess to some it up... Yes there is a problem with the ND deer lottery, and you sir are part of it.

Last edited:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
aren't there whitetail buck only units where you've got a great chance pulling with zero points and a nearly a 100% chance pulling with 1 point?

i dont see how its worth waiting 5-7 years to be granted the opportunity to hunt in your backyard (or preferred unit) for a whitetail buck when there are better options out there. my 'home' unit turned into one of these units but I guess I like deer meat and deer hunting more than a lot of you because I haven't wasted a year applying for that unit in nearly 10 years. as a rule, by way of being willing to learn/adapt, i receive a buck tag every other year and a 2nd choice doe always if i miss the buck.

the system isn't broken but it appears quite a few brains are

Last edited:

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, Are you confused? Clueless? Maybe a little slow? Everyone DOES NOT have the same chance of getting a tag. About half of the buck tags in this state are issued as gratis tags. Of course you don't see a problem with that. You clearly benefit from it. So be damned to anyone who might suffer from the system. Am I right? For the record; I do bow hunt. I don't apply for a muley tag. I apply in central ND. I do hunt out of state, mostly just to have a chance in the fall. I'm sorry, but it's a damn dirty shame to have to go 5 plus years to draw a tag having to go hunt out of state. When someone like you gets on for free every year while calling frustrated, tax paying fellow hunters "whiners". So I guess to some it up... Yes there is a problem with the ND deer lottery, and you sir are part of it.

Pretty sure KDM nailed it right on the money.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been few years since i applied for a tag it's seems to me that every year I see less and less hunters party hunting. Yeah I know it's illegal just like party fishing, does the Game wardens look for hunters hunting in parties now? I mean do they actually look for hunters hunting in groups.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm fine with the tag system just the way it is.

But PLEASE get the damn rifle season out of the rut!!
Thank you.:thumbedup:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been few years since i applied for a tag it's seems to me that every year I see less and less hunters party hunting. Yeah I know it's illegal just like party fishing, does the Game wardens look for hunters hunting in parties now? I mean do they actually look for hunters hunting in groups.

I'm of the opinion party hunting was huge in years past but has gradually become less and less prevalent. in light of this trend, a new law/rule added to the sea of laws/rules would be frickin stupid to say the least

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I I just started reading the game warden thread which party hunting was already been discussed so i didn't see that my bad.
Also does everyone take the time to fill out their survey to find out who did or didn't get thier tag filled. Does the NDGF have this survey online now.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a one tag system in sodak. I got one tag for any whitetail west river I got one tag for any whitetail east river I got one tag for archery I got on tag for any antlerless whitetail muzzleloader. If I wanted I would have one tag for Black hills deer.

Serious question I hunt with on 40 miles of the nd border and there are less deer but I still see a bunch. What is the difference between the two states?

Kurtr can non landowners buy gratis tags from land owners to only shoot a deer on that land? I guy I worked with said this was true in south dakota.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
1293e3b527389982215e82575a30bd336ff138ae347d42e44dac2b8ba68a30b6.jpg

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member

You might want to do your homework before calling KDM out. He does own land but not enough to earn him a gratis tag....so he actually isn't part of your so-called problem.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you pay attention to what KDM does for other people mainly young hunters starting in this SPORT, he is very GRATIS in the use of HIS land, and for that I congratulate him for being a HUNTING SPORT REPRESENTIVE.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 242
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 70