Pork Chops

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That Canadian chop recipe is legit. It’s become an occasional treat at our place. A little more work but it’s world class - something you’d run into at a classy resort/restaurant.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That Canadian chop recipe is legit. It’s become an occasional treat at our place. A little more work but it’s world class - something you’d run into at a classy resort/restaurant.
That does look good. Wonder if it would work for chicken/pheasant breast?...

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer bone-on chops for the extra flavor.
1 tbl veggie oil & 1 tbl butter in med temp cast iron pan
slice 1 med onion 3/8" thick, fry til soft
salt & pepper chops and put in pan
cook 4 minutes on each side (depends on thickness)
(want slightly pink in middle of chops)
simple, but tastey!
Same for grill, but lay sliced onion on top of chops after the 1st flipping.
I can’t afford the pork chops at the store so I stick with the boneless ones from sams club. 1” thick and only $2.99 per pound. I miss when they were $1.99 a pound. They normally turn out very good even though I like bone in too. Wife likes shake and bake. I like to coat them liberally in my Swine Provider seasoning and grill them . Crust on them is amazing. Cook to 145 and they are juicy and tender!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seriously! Do not cook to a temp any higher! They come out perfect at 145
Seemingly "most" don't know a cut of meat will increase in internal temp by approximately 10 degrees when removed from direct heat and rested.

For pig I'd go another 5 for safety and the squeamish.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been doing bone in chops with a dredging of a mix of Italian bread crumbs, a healthy dose of a seasoning mix called "Roast Vegetables & Fries" and a good bit of parmesan cheese. Get a skillet nice and hot with butter in it and cook both sides till they end up damn near crunchy on the coating and they are freakin good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3728178973...=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That shits good on everything.... Wife got it at TJ Max one time, and it's been impossible to find local ever since. Have to order it online, usually get it through amazon though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88