Pork Chops

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer bone-on chops for the extra flavor.
1 tbl veggie oil & 1 tbl butter in med temp cast iron pan
slice 1 med onion 3/8" thick, fry til soft
salt & pepper chops and put in pan
cook 4 minutes on each side (depends on thickness)
(want slightly pink in middle of chops)
simple, but tastey!
Same for grill, but lay sliced onion on top of chops after the 1st flipping.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I need your favorite recipe. Thanks in advance.
I start with a nice center cut 3/4" thick cut. Sweat down a Vidalia onion then add fresh mushrooms when onions and srooms are done to your liking turn down heat to warm. In another pan use evoo to med high and add chops, cook for 3 minutes no turning, now flip and pile onions and srooms on top and fry for another 3 min. remove from heat and let rest covered for 3 min, plate and enjoy. Chops should be white all the way through and extra juicy. They are for me anyway. I like using Hormel "always tender" chops if you can get them. LB

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
A good bone in chop, seasoned with salt and pepper, pan fried with a can of pineapple (and the juice), make a milk gravy, mashed potatoes and a veggie.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the stupid high steak prices I have been eating a lot of pork chops lately. I like the chop bone in, thin sliced. The McCormick pork seasoning is the bomb. Get the stuff that is yellow in color. I grill them at high heat 2 minutes a side. Simple, cheap and as good as a ribeye. You can buy 1 family pack of them for the price of 1 ribeye.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have been surprised how cheap pork is staying when chicken and beef is way high.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
here is a recipe my mom used to make years ago and just brought it out of retirement and a friend tried it and really liked it. This is a starting base recipe, and you will need to adjust to your liking if you try it.
Chili pork chops​

2 tbls veg. oil

6 pork chops

1 teasp beef soup mix

¼ tsp black pepper

1 can tomato soup

6 green pepper rings

1 can chili beans

1 cup quick cooking rice

½ chopped onion

1 tbls chili powder

½ tsp garlic powder

Heat oil brown chops on both sides, remove and sprinkle beef soup mix and blk pepper, combine soup, beans, rice, onion, chili powder, garlic powder in pan and place chops over soup mixture. Cover and bake at 325 deg for 45-55 or until chops are tender. Top each chop with a green pepper ring that has been brushed with oil last 10 min of cooking time.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
1690923446060.jpg

Canadian Pork Loin Chops​

★★★★★
Pork
Prep Time: 30 m Cook Time: 20 m Servings: 12Source: Allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS​

spice rub:
tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds (substitute coriander)
12 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
Glaze: (definitely need more glaze)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup, preferably dark amber (Grade B)
4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
2 pinches garlic powder
2 pinches paprika
2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
2 pinches cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cloves clove garlic, crushed

DIRECTIONS​

Whisk brown sugar, sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, dry mustard, and fennel seeds together in a small bowl.
Pat pork loin chops dry with a paper towel. Score the meat on both sides, 1/8-inch deep in cross-hatch lines spaced 1/2-inch apart, with a sharp knife; rub spice mixture onto all sides of pork chops and into scored lines. Cover chops; refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
Whisk maple syrup, brown mustard, pinch of garlic powder, pinch of paprika, pinch of black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl; set aside.
Coat pork chops on all sides with seasoned bread crumbs.
Heat olive oil and canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir garlic into pan, and cook until lightly browned and fragrant, about 1 minute; remove garlic from pan and discard.
Place pork chops into skillet in batches to avoid crowding; cook chops until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Return all pork chops to skillet; reduce heat to medium-low. Drizzle half the maple syrup mixture over pork chops. Turn chops and cook until glazed, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle remaining maple syrup mixture over pork chops; turn and cook until glazed, 1 to 2 minutes. Check temp with instant read thermometer.
Reduce heat to low; cover pork chops and cook until slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).

NOTES​

The breading is to be very light, just enough coating to keep the moisture and seasonings in. Just remember to not the crowd the pan so the coating crisps up evenly. This can be used for thicker chops or bone-in chops; adjust cooking times.
If grilling outdoors, lightly oil the rack and spray the outside of the chops with oil after coating with bread crumbs. Grill on both sides until crisp, then baste both sides with the maple mustard glaze, flipping frequently until cooked through.
Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.

NUTRITION​

Calories: 344 kcal
Total Carbohydrates: 20.3g
Cholesterol: 63 mg
Total Fat: 17.6 g
Protein: 25.4 g
Sodium: 728 mg

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sear pork hot for a bit each side. Turn heat way down. Mix 2 cans Golden Mushroom soup with a cup of milk.
(Not cream of Mushroom)!..,, pour over pork, add a rice mix stir it in and slow cook.
So good.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the secret to tender pork chops? Seems like I always wind up with them more chewy than I like. Slow cooker works, but I love me grilled meat.....

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
1 pan fried- stovetop stuffing run stuffing through the blender to powder it, mix with some flour, coat the chops and fry,

2 cut boneless chops into finger sized pieces, brown in a bit of oil then pour salsa over the top and cook down serve over rice or in soft taco shells with appropriate condiments

3 tenderize chops, dip in egg and then coat in crushed saltine crackers mixed with flour and spices of your choosing. I get the cheap packets of peppered gravy mix and fix up some hash browns.

have put a few in the smoker to get smoke flavor then wrap in foil with a bit of added moisture to finish cooking.

P.S. I use then to make pancit and pork adobo as well for the wife.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soak pork chops in buttermilk for at least an hour then coat with ground up Dots Pretzels (Your favorite flavor) then pan fry or bake

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pork shoulder/butt steaks instead of chops

Seasoned with Pig in a Polka seasoning.

Then grilled, pan fried or smoked

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Homemade shake and bake.

Mix panko, bread crumbs, salt and seasonings in gallon bag. Add vegetable oil to moisten. Put dry chops in bag and coat 1 at a time. 375 or 400 on a sheet pan and don't cook past 145 internal temp.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88