Pork Loin Traeger What do use

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3629.jpeg

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be fair I have used this on pork chops cut from the loin and fish but never on a full uncut pork loin

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meat Churches Holey Vodoo is my go-to for a lot of meats.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you want a BBQ loin.
Rub
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon mustard powder

Barbecue Sauce
½ cup ketchup
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper

Smoke about 1.5 hours at 150 or internal is about 110-115. Then I pull increase grill temp to 400 degrees. While waiting for increase I coat tenderloin in BBQ sauce. Place back on grill and coat with more BBQ sauce pull at 158 degrees. Let sit for a bit. Cut and serve.

You can add and subtract to recipe to what you like. Just gives a base where to start.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't had since the Ga days. It was good:

1725673664543.png

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use this on 90 % of our pork.

1725676363786.png

Season 24 hours before on Baby backs. 4-8 hours before on pork steaks. 48 hours before on a pork butt. Sometimes even do a light sprinkle on bacon right before cooking it.

One thing on smoking a pork loin, is they can dry out pretty quick.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whole pork is deemed safe at 145°, can dry out beyond.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I never use a store-bought rub. Just throw some stuff together. Generally pretty similar to what Fester listed above, but definitely some garlic going in, too. Possibly some dry oregano or savory. Likely some cayenne or red pepper flakes, but not too much.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mossymo?

Last PT i did,sliced that puppy making a cavity, filled cavity with a layer of fresh dk brown sugar and other herbs,tie up with butcher twine,lather exterior with yellow mustard,coat with homemade dry rub with lots of garlic and rosemary herbs,peacan or apple wood smoke low n slow,never serve swine before its time,12 pak should do it for chef unless one pounds his brewskis then a case of brew. Indirect heat/smoke for a couple hours and brewskis gone,spray loin with cider vinegar, apple juice and brown sugar heated concoction towards the end .
Good plan for sunday ball game.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mossymo?

Last PT i did,sliced that puppy making a cavity, filled cavity with a layer of fresh dk brown sugar and other herbs,tie up with butcher twine,lather exterior with yellow mustard,coat with homemade dry rub with lots of garlic and rosemary herbs,peacan or apple wood smoke low n slow,never serve swine before its time,12 pak should do it for chef unless one pounds his brewskis then a case of brew. Indirect heat/smoke for a couple hours and brewskis gone,spray loin with cider vinegar, apple juice and brown sugar heated concoction towards the end .
Good plan for sunday ball game.
Half th e time I'm into a long smoke, too full of beer to eat much when it's done🤣

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Slather in mustard, season with Bad Byron's Butt Rub, super smoke at 225 with apple wood until 140 degrees. Don't overcook your pork!! A lot of people do.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Am I the only one concerned with parasites in pork and not cooking to kill? I have always cooked my pork trying to hit the 160 mark or so. On a pellet grill I have never and I mean never felt it was over cooked or dry....not even close. Anyone else cook them to that temp and have the same results?

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Am I the only one concerned with parasites in pork and not cooking to kill? I have always cooked my pork trying to hit the 160 mark or so. On a pellet grill I have never and I mean never felt it was over cooked or dry....not even close. Anyone else cook them to that temp and have the same results?
Ah heck fester just take a couple drops of ivermecin once a month kills heartworm (dogs,cats) and round worms /other parasites in your body.

But low and slow for pork serve no swine before its time,fall off the bone tender smoke under 200deg or 150 4 hrs of smoke then wrap in tin foil spray roast down before wrap with apple juice adds great sweetness flavor,mpo only,actually it hard to beat a pork shoulder or butt roast slow cooked on the grill little extra grill heat adds excellent dark bark.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the old days, you cooked pork to 160* to kill triconosis...old-time beliefs still out there.
Althou still sometines found in wild/feral hogs and bear meat, pork from today's producers don't have that problem, and now you can enjoy sweet-tender pork that's slightly pink in the middle, but still juicy!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ah heck fester just take a couple drops of ivermecin once a month kills heartworm (dogs,cats) and round worms /other parasites in your body.

But low and slow for pork serve no swine before its time,fall off the bone tender smoke under 200deg or 150 4 hrs of smoke then wrap in tin foil spray roast down before wrap with apple juice adds great sweetness flavor,mpo only,actually it hard to beat a pork shoulder or butt roast slow cooked on the grill little extra grill heat adds excellent dark bark.
I do my pulled pork to over 200 degrees but the tenderloin I keep at the 158 mark..never been dry...I suppose a little ivermectin could help ease my fears of the worms though... 🪱 🤣

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49