Property Tax Credit

Freedom

★★★★ Legendary Member
It's kind of funny and sad at the same time. What do I care if the state can't meet its financial obligations on borrowed money? Perhaps they should work for us?? I mean our forefathers started a war on such just things.. so many simps.
Property taxes are probably one of the closest taxes to "taxation WITH representation" but carry on with your we need to start shooting people shit.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Property taxes are probably one of the closest taxes to "taxation WITH representation" but carry on with your we need to start shooting people shit.
Did I state something that wasn't correct? You beta males are a special breed..

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah you definitely did. How alpha of you to go around calling people betas :sleep:
Then don't represent one, I don't know your history.. maybe it was your dad or perhaps your mother but if we are going to look back at our history and what our founders that they laid thier wealth , laid it all on the line and formed the greatest nation the world has seen.. well up to the time for those that would destroy it shown up.. who's team are you on?
Nothing wagered nothing gained.. freedom boy.

Freedom

★★★★ Legendary Member
Then don't represent one, I don't know your history.. maybe it was your dad or perhaps your mother but if we are going to look back at our history and what our founders that they laid thier wealth , laid it all on the line and formed the greatest nation the world has seen.. well up to the time for those that would destroy it shown up.. who's team are you on?
Nothing wagered nothing gained.. freedom boy.
You're funny. I'm for America and freedom. You keep picking which color koolaide you like

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You're nothing but a clown, you're identity to freedom is a Hollywood avatar..

Freedom

★★★★ Legendary Member
You're nothing but a clown, you're identity to freedom is a Hollywood avatar..
Your identity is some guy with a queer looking picture for an avatar who always is carrying on about needing to shoot people 🤷‍♂️

I'm for eliminating property taxes for the idea you mentioned about truly owning your property but most of the arguments against eliminating it do have some merit. Representation (a major cause of the American Revolution) will most likely be less if this passes. Local officials will most likely be spending non local money.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy big guy I'm only making an informed opinion of your own words... perhaps you can clarify your identity?
Me, I'm a populace nationalist.. ya know America first.
Populism and nationalism let the industrious man own his own home, govern his own home and protect him from the great fiction of big government where everyone endeavors to live off the industrious man.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you realize that the small business owners, small ranchers, and small farmers could use the extra money to survive and hopefully make a decent living, that they would save from not paying property taxes?
Don't go over thinking this like the last time this was brought up to a vote.

I am a small farm owner, do you realize that if this passes these small operators who live a frugal life could end up paying more than they already pay ? I'm NOT ok putting my property into a tax pool amongst million dollar lake homes , large farms and large house owners. I get the desire but I'm not foolish enough to dive into this idea thinking it's going to save me any money.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Espringers..question for ya. I take it your a lawyer...this is a serious question and I will respect your answer(no bs). What way can the people hold those elected officials accountable other than votes..so in another words can the people sue those in charge or is the only option to try and recall? Just curious what options the people have to hold those elected officials responsibe other than recall/vote?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

No thank you ,I built on high ground for a reason but It'll be interesting to know how they raise the remaining $30 million locally.

Senator John Hoeven has been working with FEMA to fund the projects and keep them moving forward. He said it’s a $122 million endeavor, and he was able to secure $50 million in federal funding. He said the state will contribute $40 million and the remaining $30 million will be picked up locally.

Last edited:

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You're funny. I'm for America and freedom. You keep picking which color koolaide you like
I don’t drink cool aid, I would suggest you don’t drink the tap water either.. they put hydrofluoric acid in it.. look it up. kwown to lower IQ’s.

and what’s gay about my avatar? it’s me in a muskrat belly hat.. muskrats that I harvested… but you with a hollywood avatar… nice try..

Last edited:

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets looks at property taxes, roughly 50% go to school systems and the rest go to public safety(fire,law enforcement and ems), public works(road maintenance, water departments, etc, and community services(libraries, parks, etc). I will gladly pay property taxes knowing that is what they are going to. I live in a rural community and we are extremely dependent on property taxes. In these tight knit rural communities the governmental bodies are usually ran by well known, upstanding community members that truly want what best for the community and they use property taxes for the good of the community. Big cities obviously are not this way, the bigger the city the more corrupt it becomes, in my opinion.

Lets say measure 4 passes and now there isn't property taxes and its up to the state to find and delegate funds accordingly. They aren't going to find this money out of thin air, so a new tax of some sort will be implemented. After the new tax is implemented the state will have the needed funds. How is this new tax going to be assessed? Do you people really trust the state government to allocate those funds properly? Rural communities are going to suffer tremendously. The state will give the vast majority of the funds to the big cities and the rural communities will be left to scavenge the remains.

I understand the argument of "You don't truly own your property if there are property taxes". But until there is a bill that truly defines how the state is going to find the funds needed and how they will be allocated, voting yes on measure 4 is pure selfishness. You people aren't looking at the big picture implications if this bill passes, all you're thinking about is the short term extra dollars in your pocket.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets looks at property taxes, roughly 50% go to school systems and the rest go to public safety(fire,law enforcement and ems), public works(road maintenance, water departments, etc, and community services(libraries, parks, etc). I will gladly pay property taxes knowing that is what they are going to. I live in a rural community and we are extremely dependent on property taxes. In these tight knit rural communities the governmental bodies are usually ran by well known, upstanding community members that truly want what best for the community and they use property taxes for the good of the community. Big cities obviously are not this way, the bigger the city the more corrupt it becomes, in my opinion.

Lets say measure 4 passes and now there isn't property taxes and its up to the state to find and delegate funds accordingly. They aren't going to find this money out of thin air, so a new tax of some sort will be implemented. After the new tax is implemented the state will have the needed funds. How is this new tax going to be assessed? Do you people really trust the state government to allocate those funds properly? Rural communities are going to suffer tremendously. The state will give the vast majority of the funds to the big cities and the rural communities will be left to scavenge the remains.

I understand the argument of "You don't truly own your property if there are property taxes". But until there is a bill that truly defines how the state is going to find the funds needed and how they will be allocated, voting yes on measure 4 is pure selfishness. You people aren't looking at the big picture implications if this bill passes, all you're thinking about is the short term extra dollars in your pocket.
Most common sense post in the thread. Pass this bill and stand around looking shocked when your streets don’t get fixed, or your school can’t fund a staff. Then the state takes over and what do you know, they raise taxes.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No thank you ,I built on high ground for a reason but It'll be interesting to know how they raise the remaining $30 million locally.

Senator John Hoeven has been working with FEMA to fund the projects and keep them moving forward. He said it’s a $122 million endeavor, and he was able to secure $50 million in federal funding. He said the state will contribute $40 million and the remaining $30 million will be picked up locally.
Soo $122 million for a flood project.....wasn't the dam wide open a few years ago and where this affects didn't get flooded? So is this project for if the dam completely breaks? Trying to figure out why this is all needed? It's been how long since kirkwood mall area flooded etc..anybody have info on this and the reason for it? Just trying to figure it out..

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

". In these tight knit rural communities the governmental bodies are usually ran by well known, upstanding community members that truly want what best for the community and they use property taxes for the good of the community."

This right here....Problem is the majority of the state population is affected by the corrupt bigger cities. I wish the people really knew who they were voting for. Burliegh county residents booted Bakken as mayor but then voted him in a s a commissioner? Really that makes sense..tells you people have no clue who or what they are voting for and rural communities may pay the price..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 138
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 42