Property Tax Credit

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree with pretty much all of this.

I think we need to make social assistance enough to have a hot meal, and a warm spot to sleep, and really nothing more. If you can have an apartment, a cell phone, beer money, a fridge full, without earning one cent of it, why would some of these people ever want to contribute to the betterment of our society, they already get it all with someone else footing the bill.

Someone needs to feed these babies....
Can't feed them don't breed them!.jpeg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With all this state monies can you assured me, we will get our share for our needs when we our competing for the funds with all including the big boys for all their wants? If so, i can vote yes but i am sure we will get the hind tit by the boys who will decide. db

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They tax your home for the simple reason that if you don't pay the taxes, they threaten to take your home. Most of us wouldn't go that far. That's a big threat hanging over your head. Play nice and shut up and keep paying your taxes or we will foreclose on your home that you have worked your ass off to pay for and it's probably almost all a guy has going into retirement.
How dare you guys question the blackmail scheme.
I also think the politicians are trying to get ahead of an initiated measure by throwing everyone a bone. A small kernel of corn and maybe they won't raise too much hell? I thought there was a bait ban on somewhere??
Fish On!
The last initiated measure is what forced the legislature to do the small buy downs each year. They promised to fix the problem, which they admit exists, if we vote the measure down and give them time to fix it. You see where we are now. Probably double property tax now since then. Oh they fixed it alright

Muley14

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last initiated measure is what forced the legislature to do the small buy downs each year. They promised to fix the problem, which they admit exists, if we vote the measure down and give them time to fix it. You see where we are now. Probably double property tax now since then. Oh they fixed it alright

The State legislature isn't the problem. The state has continued to try to give property tax relief but the political subs just keep spending the money. This year the state cut income tax and came up with the credit to put the money directly back in our hands.

It will be interesting to see how the income tax will effect me personally once my tax return is done but I'm going to guess between the income tax and property tax credit it will be equivalent to a 40% reduction to my property tax bill.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
And do your property taxes cover road maintenance in your neighborhood? Oh no, they tack on specials for that.

Specials cover major repairs and new construction. Annual pothole/crack repair, snow removal and blading of gravel roads are paid for using property taxes.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is bullshit why my property taxes have to go up because the rich Dr's and Lawyers wanted to up grade their house or property that is near me. Fine for them but don't drag me thru the mud. Might be fine and dandy when comes time to sell my property, but I plan on living here another 10 yrs +
" providing my taxes will allow it ".

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The State legislature isn't the problem. The state has continued to try to give property tax relief but the political subs just keep spending the money. This year the state cut income tax and came up with the credit to put the money directly back in our hands.

It will be interesting to see how the income tax will effect me personally once my tax return is done but I'm going to guess between the income tax and property tax credit it will be equivalent to a 40% reduction to my property tax bill.
The legislature is the problem. They’ve been working on “fixing it” for thirty years 🤣 And now we’re gonna fix it for them

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
March 31 2024 for taxes that are due Feb 2025 (2024 year).

Again my thought would of been why not put a box on the 2023 tax statement that states this is my primary residence period.
Want to bet our taxes due in 25 will go up more than the $500 credit

We also won't see the amount of credit, if any until after the election. Another Political shell game

Last edited:

Wallyworld

Bullshit, the legislature should give the property tax exemptions directly to the owners. Giving it to another government agency is just a scam! They will keep 99% for themselves and dribble 1% to the property owners.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 28