Property Tax Credit

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i have houses in divide, Ramsey and Pembina county's and got the tax credit flyer in all of them.
From what I understand you will get the flyer but can only claim your primary residents, allowing you to only claim one $500 credit. I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
A neighbor of ours moved here from California. He told me, his house was taxed at the rate he paid for it. It would be taxed at a new rate when it is sold. He said the value stays the same until it is sold again.
I really like this idea I think it was brought up in the legislature a few sessions ago. And was immediatly defeated by GREED!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like this idea I think it was brought up in the legislature a few sessions ago. And was immediatly defeated by GREED!
In reality if they people insist on taxing homes then they should all be taxed the same per sq ft regardless the value of the home.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
In reality if they people insist on taxing homes then they should all be taxed the same per sq ft regardless the value of the home.
They don't know the true value. They just guess without ever stepping foot in a home.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They don't know the true value. They just guess without ever stepping foot in a home.
They came into my house..took pictures etc. I believe it's a complete invasion of privacy!..oh but I have a choice to not allow them in, then I was informed the house would be assessed at the highest possible rate. Complete joke...this is wrong..property taxes need to be abolished..get them money away from property.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If property tax goes away, Where do the funds come from to pay the people moving snow or picking up the garbage?
Some other place..the elected crooks will figure another way to steal it..as long as it's not property I am ok with it.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course they don’t. That’s why it would make total sense to just set a standard price per square foot for all houses in ND

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If property tax goes away, Where do the funds come from to pay the people moving snow or picking up the garbage?
The legislature will decide which one of their many slush funds that they will take the money from for that very thing. Or they can chose to increase other taxes or find new taxes. The state has shit tons of money

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
They came into my house..took pictures etc. I believe it's a complete invasion of privacy!..oh but I have a choice to not allow them in, then I was informed the house would be assessed at the highest possible rate. Complete joke...this is wrong..property taxes need to be abolished..get them money away from property.
SIGN THE PETITION AND THEN VOTE

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
They could raise the penalties on traffic violations, Some day legalize MJ and use that tax money, raise the tax on alcohol and tobacco, or cut spending on other dumb things we don't need. I am pretty sure they could've redone 43rd a little cheaper. It went from a two lane to a fancier two lane with two stupid round-a-bouts. The city could've saved a ton of money by continuing with the blacktop the county did on their portion. Maybe that was part of the build back better plane, who knows.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
The legislature will decide which one of their many slush funds that they will take the money from for that very thing. Or they can chose to increase other taxes or find new taxes. The state has shit tons of money
And maybe, just maybe, the entities that are spending the money will have to account for the money and justify expenditures to the legislature/state.......I have no way of holding any of those entities accountable currently.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
And maybe, just maybe, the entities that are spending the money will have to account for the money and justify expenditures to the legislature/state.......I have no way of holding any of those entities accountable currently.
Exactly. Changing the source of the funds from locals they can snowball to the state will be the only way to curb the local assclowns from spending like drunken sailers

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
They could raise the penalties on traffic violations, Some day legalize MJ and use that tax money, raise the tax on alcohol and tobacco, or cut spending on other dumb things we don't need. I am pretty sure they could've redone 43rd a little cheaper. It went from a two lane to a fancier two lane with two stupid round-a-bouts. The city could've saved a ton of money by continuing with the blacktop the county did on their portion. Maybe that was part of the build back better plane, who knows.
Leave alcohol and tobacco alone you nazi.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33