Property Tax Credit

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
He doesn’t win state wide elections because the GOP doesn’t put there support behind him. Why would they when they probably own the other ones?
There’s been plenty of recent republicans who have won with out their party’s initial endorsement. Burgum and Fedorchak quickly come to mind. He’s a loose cannon.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on the fence but the way it's written this is in no way getting rid of property tax, its simply shifting taxes elsewhere. And nobody can articulate how this new pot of gold will be divided or distributed. Best they can come up with is "the legislature will have to figure it out". FUCK THAT and fuck that attitude that you should always vote for a tax decrease. Especially when the alternative makes less sense. I guess this is how North Dakota politics goes these days. Don't address the problem and amend the current law to mitigate the issue. No, lets put 85 year old retired farmers and part-time dish washers in a room and let them create an entirely new policy. How about no tax on primary dwelling ONLY. Increases on other property is dictated by square footage at actual assessed value (based on real sales) not to increase by more than 5% at a time and at an interval of every 3 years. If the city or county wants to fund a project and need a a greater increase, it must be voted on, preferably via sales tax. Legacy fund and fed dollars for emergency projects.

Remember the outrage over specials a few years ago? Get ready to see more the that BS. You can lose your home over them too. This also reeks of out of state corporate ag and oil looking to delete their share of the bill.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There’s been plenty of recent republicans who have won with out their party’s initial endorsement. Burgum and Fedorchak quickly come to mind. He’s a loose cannon.
Bergum didn't have the republican endorsement as Gov? Wow that news to me. Fuderchuck didn't get it because it should have went to Becker but the ND gop is corrupt so they gave to a guy that wasn't gonna win(so they didn't cause problems). Not sure why I am even having a conversation with you it goes no where...with that said I won't be responding again to you.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was on the fence but the way it's written this is in no way getting rid of property tax, its simply shifting taxes elsewhere. And nobody can articulate how this new pot of gold will be divided or distributed. Best they can come up with is "the legislature will have to figure it out". FUCK THAT and fuck that attitude that you should always vote for a tax decrease. Especially when the alternative makes less sense. I guess this is how North Dakota politics goes these days. Don't address the problem and amend the current law to mitigate the issue. No, lets put 85 year old retired farmers and part-time dish washers in a room and let them create an entirely new policy. How about no tax on primary dwelling ONLY. Increases on other property is dictated by square footage at actual assessed value (based on real sales) not to increase by more than 5% at a time and at an interval of every 3 years. If the city or county wants to fund a project and need a a greater increase, it must be voted on, preferably via sales tax. Legacy fund and fed dollars for emergency projects.

Remember the outrage over specials a few years ago? Get ready to see more the that BS. You can lose your home over them too. This also reeks of out of state corporate ag and oil looking to delete their share of the bill.
Why are you ok with a few city commissioners making the decisions(bad decisions) vs way more eyes on the decisions? Debates about spending and gridlock can bring out the actual facts...vs a rubber stamp..

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why are you ok with a few city commissioners making the decisions(bad decisions) vs way more eyes on the decisions? Debates about spending and gridlock can bring out the actual facts...vs a rubber stamp..
So you are opposed to more local control? It's better to have legislators from across the state deciding?

What does having "way more eyes" get us? All eyes have been on the Dockter, Seibel, Stenehjem scandal and that hasn't got us anywhere.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not. And am 100% for transparent spending. In fact that should be what’s demanded. How is mixing funding up between legislative districts going to improve decision making? The veil of “no taxes” is blocking your view. I like Rick Becker, I’ve watched his videos and followed him on this issue. He hasn’t laid out one detail on how this will actually be implemented if passed, rather he focuses on telling everyone who questions it that they’re a fool and everything will be fine. Everything will still be fully funded. Oh, so my money will still line the same pockets through other, less transparent means?! Not good enough.

Yeah, debate away and see what facts they come up with. They’re still going to spend your money with a rubber stamp. Only now it will probably be spent in a different county. And good luck to the small towns and small farmers once out of staters see tax free land.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bergum didn't have the republican endorsement as Gov? Wow that news to me. Fuderchuck didn't get it because it should have went to Becker but the ND gop is corrupt so they gave to a guy that wasn't gonna win(so they didn't cause problems). Not sure why I am even having a conversation with you it goes no where...with that said I won't be responding again to you.
You are like a fucking spoiled brat. Go ahead and take your ball home you pussy. You ever hear of Wayne Stenehgem? He had the Republican endorsement until the primary, where Bergum beat him. Your Becker/Fedorchak statement goes against your earlier statement. You are like every other maga, make up shit until you’re called on it and then you disappear. Hahaha

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Damn MAGA's. They just piss liberals off. How dare they. By the way, who the hell is Stenehgem?????

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So grandma and grandpa pay the same tax on their 100k home from 1970 as the 500k home down the block with same square footage? How will that keep them owning and in their home? Not opposed to the general idea. Needs tweaking cause a large % of folks living in less than modest houses do so cause they can't afford anything else. Sticking them with the same slice of the pie as someone in a much newer home is going to increase their taxes to even more unaffordable levels

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m not. And am 100% for transparent spending. In fact that should be what’s demanded. How is mixing funding up between legislative districts going to improve decision making? The veil of “no taxes” is blocking your view. I like Rick Becker, I’ve watched his videos and followed him on this issue. He hasn’t laid out one detail on how this will actually be implemented if passed, rather he focuses on telling everyone who questions it that they’re a fool and everything will be fine. Everything will still be fully funded. Oh, so my money will still line the same pockets through other, less transparent means?! Not good enough.

Yeah, debate away and see what facts they come up with. They’re still going to spend your money with a rubber stamp. Only now it will probably be spent in a different county. And good luck to the small towns and small farmers once out of staters see tax free land.
I disagree, I think the guys that have it now and in my opinion aren't very smart but are elected because smart people have better shit to do rubber stamp anything they can be convinced of. I believe multiple legislatures looking at it can weed it out. Your gonna have some stuff make it through but again my opinion. Not nearly as much. Rural is not going to be ignored..they obviously don't need as much as a large town does but I don't forsee them getting hammered because fargo, bismarck, dickinson want this or that. It's going to be hard to say no to let's say Moffit if they request something that costs miniscule amount compared to some dumb ass athletic center bismarck wants. This is all of course hypothetical.

People are always scared of change..the sky is falling mentality. I say change it. See what happens and if it doesn't work we can change it again. What we have no DOES NOT WORK and they have been given plenty of opportunities to get it fixed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 335
  • This month: 215
  • This month: 181
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74