Property Tax Credit

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, my beef is with the crazy increases year after year. And I look at the ridiculous projects going on around Bismarck year after year and there is obviously no desire to stop the crazy spending. The blank check needs to be halted and the best opportunity I see for that is this measure at this point. I saw some suggestions of writing into law that prop taxes can't increase more than X% a year and cannot increase more than once in X years. Maybe something like that would help slow the spend. If we vote No, we keep the status quo and that is not OK with me.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
who ever thought it was a good idea to put a round about in ft yates should be lynched. Hope you all get this passed and maybe they spend money a little wiser

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the subdivision will get the same amount as 2024 indefinitely… With no stipulations on how it’s spent which is the actual issue we can all agree on. Then the subdivision can implement specials to make up shortcomings.

This solves nothing other than giving the people the feeling of sticking it to the government. Go ahead and call me scared of change if it makes you feel better. This is a poorly written attempt to solve the real problem. Everyone always says follow the money. It would be interesting to see who stands to save the most in this bill and and see where they stand.
This is about people that are sick of the government sticking it to them not sticking it to the government.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So the subdivision will get the same amount as 2024 indefinitely… With no stipulations on how it’s spent which is the actual issue we can all agree on. Then the subdivision can implement specials to make up shortcomings.

This solves nothing other than giving the people the feeling of sticking it to the government. Go ahead and call me scared of change if it makes you feel better. This is a poorly written attempt to solve the real problem. Everyone always says follow the money. It would be interesting to see who stands to save the most in this bill and and see where they stand.
This solves nothing acdording to you and your non research you have done?....but keeping the same solves the problem? Yeah ok...my vote will be for it and yes you are scared of change....do some actual research on your own..hell call Becker himself and asked him questions. I HAVE..he answered anything I threw at him.....or stick your head in the sand try and get some round ball facts from nodak...say it solves nothing and continue to get the biggest dildo our locals can muster up and bend over for it...oh wait..that's right some guys like that....

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah, my beef is with the crazy increases year after year. And I look at the ridiculous projects going on around Bismarck year after year and there is obviously no desire to stop the crazy spending. The blank check needs to be halted and the best opportunity I see for that is this measure at this point. I saw some suggestions of writing into law that prop taxes can't increase more than X% a year and cannot increase more than once in X years. Maybe something like that would help slow the spend. If we vote No, we keep the status quo and that is not OK with me.
I think alot of people would have been ok with those examples you gave. The problem is it will not happen. The warning shot to elected officials came with measure 2 years ago. It failed and then the elected officials blew it off, well now here we are years later with no change. The only option we have at this point is measure 4. I also believe if this passes or doesn't it will be a warning to local govt to start watching how you run everything or that power will be taken from you.(county commissioners, city commissioners, park boards etc..)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 365
  • This month: 229
  • This month: 193
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82