Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bout time. Should pass this time. A lot of no votes last time are surely yes now. They have taxed the living hell out of people. It has to end

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe it can start with stopping the unneeded road construction everywhere, tearing up good roads to put in stupid ass crosswalk rumble strips, or spraying off bridges with water for 3 days, or the random taring and patching of areas that do not need tar or patching, because the road is set to be ground down and redone later in the year.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe it can start with stopping the unneeded road construction everywhere, tearing up good roads to put in stupid ass crosswalk rumble strips, or spraying off bridges with water for 3 days, or the random taring and patching of areas that do not need tar or patching, because the road is set to be ground down and redone later in the year.

Your not wrong but calling it tar is funny. Rumble strips are a federal thing the state doesnt have much say or loose funding. If people new how much the feds control the state just by with holding money in the transportation side of things they would puke.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bout time. Should pass this time. A lot of no votes last time are surely yes now. They have taxed the living hell out of people. It has to end
Don't count your chickens yet. These things have a way of not going through even when it feels like they will.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What about them GD interstate fence deals they put up all around the state, that we now have to mow around, and fix constantly when someone slips off the road in the winter.

That bill must be huge.

Everything needs to be a use fee. Or even a straight sales tax, the more you make the more you buy, the more you pay for taxes. Its a true the rich pay more.

We also need to eliminate people getting back a tax return, more than what they paid in... pure bullshit.

It will be getting a yes from me, for sure.

non home owners should realize they are still paying these taxes, as most of them think it doesn't effect them and they vote to keep it, thinking they are once again getting something for nothing.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Politicians never met a tax they didn't LOVE. Too much govt stupidity is dependent upon fleecing the people through property taxes. Where will they get the carte blanc to "inspect" your homes if not for the guise of property tax assessments and record everything you have done on your own property and then punish you for it. I see this going the same way as last time. It will "almost get passed" and then suddenly some turn coats voted it down at the last possible minute. Sorry people, we're still going to screw you over because we can and we love it. Bunch of Booger Eaters!!!

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Then you better vote out most of the current legislators also , as they will come in the next session in 2025 and find a way to find in invalid ,

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
So where will the revenue be made up if property taxes are eliminated?
THAT is the primary reason I will vote in favor of property tax elimination.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't believe I'll pay a dime less than I do now. However, I WILL know who is completely responsible for the new funding mechanisms. There won't be any opportunity to say:

"Well, this is just the way it's always been done so there's nothing I can really do to change it."

The current sitting legislators will get all the praise and/or all the blame because funding sources, rules, and regulations will be 100% on THEM.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeh, sure seems like a great idea to let let our legislators and politicians in Bismarck decide how to make it work, keep drinking the cool-aid ...boozer...! That seems like a terrible idea idea with the competency level thats in our state legislator, especially now that we have a continuous round of greenhorns down there with the term limits that got voted in. Just remember that the people that are in Bismarck playing politics aren't necessarily the best or brightest representing our state, but instead those that can go play in Bismarck for 4 months every two years. That eliminates most of the best or brightest people that should be down there because those individuals cann't go play that game.........

I'd rather leave it to local control where atleast my next door neighbor, local business guy, or local person that has a stake in the game has a chance to do whats best for my local community, schools, and county. Theres a bunch of bright individuals in our state can make time to be in local offices and boards (many choose not to) but generally cann't set aside 4 months of there lives to hang out in Bismarck. If you want little Minneapolis, the Ag community, and commission on aging (aka the retired) to control funding for the whole state, just keep this one moving forward as it is...................Make no mistake, you won't be paying less taxes at the end of the year. I don't love property taxes anymore than anyone else, but I understand the reasoning, basis, and having at-least a chance for local control and local accountability of my tax dollars.

I'm not anyway saying the system is fair, because there's no way I or anyone else should pay more just because we choose, or can afford to own and keep up a nicer property. Doesn't matter if my property is worth a million dollars and the neighbors is work 100k, we get the same school, county, township, and emergency services. The current system is more based on your ability to pay, not based on the services you receive. So, although it may seem like I'm against the abolishment of property taxes, that's not necessarily the case. I just don't want it left up to the politicians in Bismarck to decide the funding formula. Bottom line, if the backers of this bill want it to be taken serious, have a proposal of how property taxes will be replaced, don't leave it up to our Bismarck politicians.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeh, sure seems like a great idea to let let our legislators and politicians in Bismarck decide how to make it work, keep drinking the cool-aid ...boozer...! That seems like a terrible idea idea with the competency level thats in our state legislator, especially now that we have a continuous round of greenhorns down there with the term limits that got voted in. Just remember that the people that are in Bismarck playing politics aren't necessarily the best or brightest representing our state, but instead those that can go play in Bismarck for 4 months every two years. That eliminates most of the best or brightest people that should be down there because those individuals cann't go play that game.........

I'd rather leave it to local control where atleast my next door neighbor, local business guy, or local person that has a stake in the game has a chance to do whats best for my local community, schools, and county. Theres a bunch of bright individuals in our state can make time to be in local offices and boards (many choose not to) but generally cann't set aside 4 months of there lives to hang out in Bismarck. If you want little Minneapolis, the Ag community, and commission on aging (aka the retired) to control funding for the whole state, just keep this one moving forward as it is...................Make no mistake, you won't be paying less taxes at the end of the year. I don't love property taxes anymore than anyone else, but I understand the reasoning, basis, and having at-least a chance for local control and local accountability of my tax dollars.

I'm not anyway saying the system is fair, because there's no way I or anyone else should pay more just because we choose, or can afford to own and keep up a nicer property. Doesn't matter if my property is worth a million dollars and the neighbors is work 100k, we get the same school, county, township, and emergency services. The current system is more based on your ability to pay, not based on the services you receive. So, although it may seem like I'm against the abolishment of property taxes, that's not necessarily the case. I just don't want it left up to the politicians in Bismarck to decide the funding formula. Bottom line, if the backers of this bill want it to be taken serious, have a proposal of how property taxes will be replaced, don't leave it up to our Bismarck politicians.
Oil revenue, currently our state punishes the oil companies with an enormous tax burden, a great percentage of that goes into this legacy fund, that is busting at the seems and about ready for Burgum to give it to the good of our country.

We can either stop that and continue to punish home owners, or continue and use that to fund the schools, streets, curbing, etc.

Or likely there are hundreds of other sources.

I do agree with you though on the people we put into Bismarck not being the best, just the ones that are most available, and they of course can be bought just like the big guy.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Johnr, if the $$$ for something like that would all equal out, then by all means. I just want a proposal on how it's to be done to go along with the bill, not just a carte blanche for bismarck to figure it out. That I am not in favor of and I'd keep the current evil before voting to unleash that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 154
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 53