Sausage recipes

GET THE NET

I know everybody thinks there sausage is the best and nobody wants to share there recipes but I'm curious if anybody puts saurerkraut in there sausage? If you do how much kraut per pound?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was an old thread on the site that-shall-not-be-named about sauerkraut sausage. Dude even made his own kraut if I remember right. Don’t remember who it was or if he made the jump. Probably not helpful OP.

fishhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put about an ice cream bucket of fresh stuff in a 25lb batch. Turned out pretty good.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a heads up, I have had sausage with sauerkraut in it before and it was good, but to me the look of it as you were eating made it not very appetizing to me pulling strings of kraut out of the sausage when you took a bite.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
On pizza yes. Kraut on a sausage pizza is great, one of my favorite. In a brat should be good also but I like a lot of kraut.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
kraut mixed in with the sausage with a little more kraut on the bun with onion and mustard. Good mix to insure you are given plenty of personal space for a day or two.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
On pizza yes. Kraut on a sausage pizza is great, one of my favorite. In a brat should be good also but I like a lot of kraut.
Now I have to go look and see if I got a jar of Franks in the house.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a big fan of kraut. however, it tends to lose its appeal for me when inside the caseing. maybe i spent to much time around ol farm dogs that had tapeworms.

GET THE NET

Thanks for the feedback. I only have a quart of kraut so I'll try that in a 10 lb batch

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am a big fan of kraut. however, it tends to lose its appeal for me when inside the caseing. maybe i spent to much time around ol farm dogs that had tapeworms.
Kind of like de-worming a batch of pups.

hogslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made some kraut sausage about 10 years ago as an experiment. I had never heard of anyone doing it before at the time and I was curious about it. It was good but not as good as I thought it would be. You seem to lose a lot of the good kraut flavor when it cooks and it does change the texture as people said. It was good but I decided it hasn't been worth doing again. I personally would rather have regular sausage with kraut on the side instead of trying to put kraut in the sausage.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
blueberry summer sausage is amazing

- - - Updated - - -

Blueberry-Summer-Sausage-2-300x300.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy, do you have a recipe for that?

no - an acquaintance of mine brings it to an event I go to every year

buys it from a grocery store down in the Fergus Falls - Battle Lake MN area

it's got that classic fruit/meat combo taste that is perfect

I am quite certain it's as easy as adding frozen whole blueberries just prior to stuffing - the meat itself tastes like good old summer sausage - you want that contrast in flavors - meat/fruit

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
tried hashbrowns last year and turned out ok in the country style sausage, tried rice this year was pretty bland, then did a batch with Mexican rice from taco johns and that turned out pretty good

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33