Sig back to the Range

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So very happy with the Pistol. Not so much the shooter he is old, senile and evidently got limp wrist. So I have watched a few videos and know exactly my problem and how to fix it. The pistol worked great for my friend. He run about 3 clips thru it.
Anyway I'll get back there in a few days and see if I can fix my problem.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Used to have a 44 mag wheel gun that would give you swollen wrist. It was double action and if you squeezed the trigger more that twice you were shooting at the moon. Every three cylinders of rounds I would have to tighten all the screws. Only gun that I did not feel bad about getting rid of. LB

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 4 3/4" barrel 454 Casull which was built by Dick Casull which I carried hunting all over with dad was fun bitch to shoot 320 full house loads. Each round was as yours tipped at sky each firing.

stever58

i did have the Raging Bull in 454 Casull with the 6 3/4 barrel, My hand would go numb
after a few rounds, But it was still fun to shoot

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two 44 mags, a light 4 inch for the mountains and an 8 3/8 inch for hunting. Many years ago shooting times had an article called the 10.91mm mag. It was when Hornady came out with their 300 gr double cannular. If your cylinder was long enough to load to the second cannula it reduced pressure and the author used 240 gr load recommendations. I can tell you that 24 gr of H110 isn't pleasant. It's not bad if you limp wrist it, but if you lock your wrist for rapid fire defense I swear I can feel the bones in my wrist smack together. I have switched to 10mm for my mountain trail gun.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ruger SR22 is on top. The Sig P365 in 380 below
Up until 7 months ago the only pistol I ever shot was 22 caliber.
These are very similar in size, weight and feel.

1696811723258.jpeg

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to have a 44 mag wheel gun that would give you swollen wrist. It was double action and if you squeezed the trigger more that twice you were shooting at the moon. Every three cylinders of rounds I would have to tighten all the screws. Only gun that I did not feel bad about getting rid of. LB
I still have two of them, one Ruger one S&W. I let my nephews and brother in law‘s shoot it for my entertainment
i’ll add the Ruger is 6” 50 yr anniversary Blackhawk and the S&W is 8/3/8 made in 79. Inherited that from my dad. What a piece of workmanship

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two 44 mags, a light 4 inch for the mountains and an 8 3/8 inch for hunting. Many years ago shooting times had an article called the 10.91mm mag. It was when Hornady came out with their 300 gr double cannular. If your cylinder was long enough to load to the second cannula it reduced pressure and the author used 240 gr load recommendations. I can tell you that 24 gr of H110 isn't pleasant. It's not bad if you limp wrist it, but if you lock your wrist for rapid fire defense I swear I can feel the bones in my wrist smack together. I have switched to 10mm for my mountain trail gun.
That would be good stuff in Alaska from a Marlin.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
AGREE, Tough! I have a Ruger Mark III with a heavy barrel and custom trigger. Got it thru Gordy Linnell. Use it for my CC shooting test and varmits.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up a cheap single action .22 this summer that is just fun, also handy for dispatching a woodchuck.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was a Lad, I was really into westerns and the gunfights.
So I would take one of our Ruger .22 Single sixes and strap on the hip holster, go out and place a gallon can 30-60 feet out and quick draw and shoot.
The quick draw part came really fast but hitting the can, took awhile longer.
It got to be out of 10 draws, I could hit the can 7-9 times, and the misses would be close to the can. That used to be a hoot and haven't done that in many years.
My Dad and his friends really got a kick out of watching me do that. Of course safety was drilled into me, long before I was allowed to try the above.
Can still quick draw "fairly" fast yet but I know the accuracy would be long gone.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88