Slip Bobber on Sak?

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any one try it on Sak. with sucess? I have never tried it there but dont know why it wouldn't work like it does on Devils Lake? Thoughts?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've thought the same thing. Biggest difference though is that on Devils Lake I'd always use slip bobbers up in the trees, not quite the same shoreline along most of Sak even though I am pretty sure that if you found them concentrated off a point you'd be able to anchor up and go after them.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, with Sak coming up another 2+ ft, I'd think a slip bobber out on the weed edge in 2-5 ft of water would produce nicely over the coming weeks.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I tried once along the edge of the flooded brush. I was tired of pulling slow death and tried bobbers. Not a single bite. No idea why. This was a few years ago. I’d have to think it would work in the flooded areas as well as any point or sunken island where you are marking fish.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have never had a reason to even think about using slip bobbers on Sak. The fish seem to bite all the time here

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Done it in the trees and off Rocky points, works good, but not as good as a jig and doesn't cover much water.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
only time i use it is with a big red and white bobber thrown inside 10ft when i am catsing jigs to keep the BB guys from going inside me. lol

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes I'll toss an oversized red/white bobber out to deter clingons from fishing by me. If that don't work, I flip my spinning rod upside down and reel backwards while I'm jigging and ask anyone in earshot if there be largemouth or bream in this lake with my best southern accent.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Sometimes I'll toss an oversized red/white bobber out to deter clingons from fishing by me. If that don't work, I flip my spinning rod upside down and reel backwards while I'm jigging and ask anyone in earshot if there be largemouth or bream in this lake with my best southern accent.

Dont forget to Cut the sleeves off your shirt - legit!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84