Strangest thing you've ever caught...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I posed this question a year or so ago, on a different site, but it's an interesting conversation. What's the strangest thing(s) you've caught while fishing?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
A barn swallow. Was fishing under a bridge and it actually caught the worm on the hook but then got wrapped up in the line and bobber. also a live clam that clamped down on the "U" at the bottom of the treble on a daredevil.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
last weekend I caught a fish basket...one of those collapsible mesh ones...also went through a school of white bass with a two hook crawler harness and caught two fish at one time...I have also caught a t-shirt, fishing net, stringer I am sure there's more

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
last weekend I caught a fish basket...one of those collapsible mesh ones...also went through a school of white bass with a two hook crawler harness and caught two fish at one time...I have also caught a t-shirt, fishing net, stringer I am sure there's more

At least you get some useful gear once in awhile!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beaver with a daredevil, it wasnt happy. At the time I didnt realize how dangerous they are......

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, I snagged a fishing line once while fishing the the river, when I reeled it in there was a cheap rod/reel on the end of it. When I picked it up I noticed there was still something on the bait end of the line, putting up a decent fight, reeled that in and had a 15lb pike with a decent rapala in the corner of its mouth.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught one of these on a "Fly In" Canadian fishing trip to the middle of nowhere. An Umbrella Hat.......WTF Over!!!!!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRR4GUqnlzqx4yUyEakpf2e7q-1.jpg

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that was mine Lycan...please send me my rapala back, you may keep the cheap rod and reel for your trouble:;:

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught a Cormorant at Sak. Deep Reef Running wasn't running right and it came to the surface. Bird dive bombed it thinking it was food. Reeled it in, cut the line while the bird was 20' from the boat.(ok didn't actually catch it per se). The bird somehow got himself untangled/unhooked and flew away and I got my bait back!! Go me.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught my moms toilet paper once. Not fun for her, I made her take it off the line. Funny as hell for me, I saw it snag on the line and slide down into the depths.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught my moms toilet paper once. Not fun for her, I made her take it off the line. Funny as hell for me, I saw it snag on the line and slide down into the depths.

Ok but why was she throwing out TP while fishing? Did you have to WATCH YOUR MOM PEE!!! Talk about traumatic.....

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
HAHA! She pees in the bait well.

- - - Updated - - -

I would give up alot in my life to be able to fish with mom and dad for a long time to come.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not quite the same thing here but....my old man and I were out salmon fishing on sak and hooked a salmon. We proceeded to fight it for quite a while as it was a nice fish. After about a 10-15 minute battle it snapped the line and we reeled our line in retied the rod and continued fishing. Probably within 20-30 minutes we see something shiny surfacing and diving every so often. Curiosity got the best of us and we ran out to investigate. Here it's our flasher with the fish we lost. After a few tries we were able to net the fish with our flasher and squid still attached. Craziest damn thing I've ever seen

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing Devils one fine day, trolling the Golden Highway (hate that name -conjures up horrible images) and hooked a monster. Would have sworn I was snagged but it was coming in, fighting like a banshee. Finally got it next to the boat, figured whatever it was, we were going to have to shoot it first, and it was a disc of asphalt a little bigger than a dinner plate.
#embarassedforyellingaboutabigfish

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
A seagull. Also had a little gull type bird land in boat a month ago while running 30 mph. Weird. The jig a pike had previously bit off still in said pikes mouth. 18 pound Anchor

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clams, rocks, wire fish basket, a seagull, Barb wire, some sort of big heavy cable from the bottom of devils lake, and a peacock alley baseball cap on sakakawea.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
While fishing the Red I caught a coil off a stove once. Also, I caught a crayfish on a worm. My brother caught a frog on a worm.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I swear I caught a hamburger one time. It was petrified from being at the bottom of the lake. All in the boat thought it looked like a hamburger. I still don't know what the hell it was, all I know is it looked an awful lot like one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11