Toby

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay. I am Toby. I created this account after I was fired from TON. Yes I was the shortest termed moderator in the history of that website, yes I was too blunt and overbearing as a moderator, yes I banned a few members myself, yes I should have been a bigger person, and yes I f!ck up. Fishingbuddy is a good website that was gonna survive after my demise...the new roll out didn't help one bit.

If anyone is pissed at me, there are many, I can only offer a deep apology, this is my apology. I am very sorry!! Please don't take my inabilities out on fishingbuddy, it is still a good website. Joan and Davis are both good people, shit, I helped hire Davis. So yes, I f5cked up a wet dream, took many many black eyes and bruises...I f&cked up and I am very sorry for it! Does that even matter, the words I say?

All I ever wanted to do is write about fishing and hunting experiences, write articles that others might find intriguing. I was never meant to be a moderator, I fell flat on my face regarding trying that one. I feel like such a criminal. I was uncertain when Vollmer contacted me regarding writing articles, I told him that there are so many that hate me and I just wanted to be quiet.

I did learn from my new friend Jim, AKA camoman26, and his son Matt...I banned Jim once and then later took him catfishing. Jim knows catfishing and I knew catfishing...the point that I want to make is that you don't truly know anyone behind a computer screen until you meet them...I have a good friend regarding Jim. It opened my eyes fully because you never know who you meet through these websites.

So yeah...I messed up, yes I had a drinking problem 3-4 years ago, I am nowhere near perfect, I didn't mean to piss off people, I am a normal human being, and yes I am going to say this: I am so fucking sorry that I had (chose) to do a job and that job is the worst time I have ever had in my life! Go ahead and kick me in the nuts some more like I haven't already experienced that. I deserve it.

I will not talk about fishingbuddy, I will not talk about Joan or Davis, I will not talk about the bullshit...all I want to do is write articles and talk some shop about guns, ammo, fishing, and maybe some catfishing! ;) All I want to do is talk about the outdoors, maybe I will write a bit about it too!

Toby
This aged nicely.
hmmm.gif

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was another thread were the members called him out over his story of a member named Jim. Who no one could recall knowing and he had a total melt down until we banned him, he had another account under tobe as well which was the one he dm me from. He's bad news he should never be allowed back and that's saying something coming from me but right out of the gate he had a hard on for me which is just plain creepy. I didn't even really read his new guy original post in the thread until I went back and reread his post on me. If I had I probably would have figured it out much sooner and kept my distance from posting my approval. The reason he knew who guywhofishes was is because of FishingBuddy days I am betting.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea I almost took a screenshot of the information about him and sent it to you through PM. He took it down too quick. IDK what you did to him on FB but he still must be pissed. He needs mental treatment...again!!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe Toby is mostly a good person who has a hard time coping with the stresses of life so he falls off the wagon into the deep end and then keeps on digging deeper untill he hits rock bottom. He mentioned addiction in the past and I suspect he loses control and goes on raging week long drunk. At least that's what I gather from the pattern I've noticed, I dont necessarily think he is a stupid person but he makes bad decisions when the addiction overpowers his willpower. When he started in as beck and then kept going I caught wind of his shit pretty quick , I've smelled it before. It's how he is wired I guess.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Toby is a bad person, that may hurt some people's feelers but he used another handle to claim he and his wife/girlfriend cut their hair off in support of Jim aka camoman26 who had cancer. We found out it was the same person using the same ip address, Toby never did upload a picture in 7 years proving his story was legit. Like I have said befoe and will keep saying it having multiple accounts to boost your ego shows how much of pos you really are. Lots of people deal with all kinds of crap in life but we don't have to keep letting these people come here a run down members to boost their ego. I am not talking about just me but Vollmer and guywhofishes who toby felt it was completely alright to post his personal information for the whole world to see. And if Toby knows about addiction then he should know what it means about anonymity and how it works. He most certainly was able to get guywhofishes information when he was a mod for FBO, he crossed a line that I feal is way past given someone some slack when they go on a bender.
That's all I'm going to say about this he is a bad person and being a drunk is just a shitty excuse.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I doubt you'll hurt anyone feelings with the truth about toby, at least not mine. I wasn't sticking up for his actions just giving my 2¢ why I think he does it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I
I doubt you'll hurt anyone feelings with the truth about toby, at least not mine. I wasn't sticking up for his actions just giving my 2¢ why I think he does it.
I know that Davey I reread the Toby Tina thread so I know you had personal experience with him as a kid, but I to had personal messages that he was trying to do better. I know you enough that I know where your heart was, I was only pleading my case thar the person Toby needs to be the first person who gets the life long ban for the way he has shown who he is and you know that says a lot coming from me who doesn't think anyone deserves to be banned but this is the one exception that I feel the punishment fits the crime.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 136
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77