Tonneau cover

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took the topper off my pickup to haul something and have since decided I like the pickup better without it. I'm going to try a cover instead. Are there any that are pure junk to stay away from ? Or are there any that you like ? Are the soft roll up ones user friendly and do they seal up ok ?

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an Access cover on my 03 F-150, put it on 4 years ago. Holding up well, easy to use, made by a North Dakota company. They do trap the dust in the back, unless you seal up the tail gate really well.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got mine from Bismarck Canvas. I really like it and it has held up very well. They also make a canvas topper you can add that you can fold down. I think most covers will collect dust since they don't seal the best.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Access made in Jamestown are what I've always used and never had an issue with one. As far as sealing, its not really the cover that's the issue, its all the gaps in the endgate and box that let all the dust in.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
realtruck.com

The main reason for dust in the back is the flopping of the vinyl cover while driving actually creates negative pressure inside your box and it gets "sucked" in. Tailgate seals work the best but in most trucks there are other holes in the box that dust can get in.

Personally I'm a Retrax guy. I've converted just about everybody in my family and friends circle. And they're made right here in Grand Forks!

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to hijack this thread but if anyone is looking for a soft Tonneau cover for a 2021 mid-size Chevy Silverado box. it is a genuine GM part still in box. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me and can see if can work something out.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Access cover is probably about 7 years old, and is holding up very well. It shows very little wear, and keeps out water just fine, as long as the water isn't coming at it horizontally from a car wash or something. Whatever you do, get a good box and tailgate seal kit.

Last edited:

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
realtruck.com

The main reason for dust in the back is the flopping of the vinyl cover while driving actually creates negative pressure inside your box and it gets "sucked" in. Tailgate seals work the best but in most trucks there are other holes in the box that dust can get in.

Personally I'm a Retrax guy. I've converted just about everybody in my family and friends circle. And they're made right here in Grand Forks!
Expensive, but they are awesome.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My Access cover is a 2015, dealership installed and looks and works like new. The truck has been heated garage kept.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends on if you plan on securing things in the back. I went with a segmented hard cover. With the locking tailgate much harder for others to (SEE) what is in the bed.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Access made in Jamestown are what I've always used and never had an issue with one. As far as sealing, its not really the cover that's the issue, its all the gaps in the endgate and box that let all the dust in.
Yup. I once had a pickup with carpet installed and it made a world of difference with the dust.

Also a fan of Access covers.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan to order a peragon for my pickup one of these days. Just need to stay outta the gun shop for a month or 2

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://images.app.goo.gl/vvZbAeN3wSqLquXh8
This is similar to the one on dad's Ford f250, he has the one that uses aluminum ramps that allows you to haul an atv or snowmobile on it. If you want i can find out the exact model. He bought it used from a guy from Bismarck off of Bismanonline.
I'm a topper guy but if I ever decide to go back to a tonneau cover it will be this kind

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup. Access..hard to beat for the price and made in ND.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed with ^^^ access cover and a tailgate seal kit.

Better yet is the all new "Radco" hard roll up cover heavy duty 400lb weight limit,wont cave

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had an Access on my last truck: 18 years and the only issue was the velco on the sides was starting to get a little wore out. Parked in a garage so I don't know what it would have looked like with 18 years in the sun. New truck has had an Access on it for 4 years now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 15
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3