UND Nickname Petition

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks ndbwhunter this needs to be done! I never went to UND but have always followed UND hockey. They should have never caved on the nickname. Now a bunch of PC liberals are going to pick a ridiculous name that will make UND a laughing stock. I say UND/ NORTH DAKOTA. ;:;banghead

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was number 2998 to sign. Of course this won't make ANY difference at all. The committee was formed for appearance purposes only. I feel bad for the pawns they put on the committee who have now realized they are wasting their time. They might as well make us the Prairie Fairies and get it over with. What a joke.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the crystal ball starting to show a statewide petition to put it to a "REAL" vote in the works?

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Signed... Also wondering what actually happens when they hit # 5000 sigs??

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Find it hard to believe we can't come up with better names than the five they have narrowed it down to. "Rough Riders"...? Seriously? Why is it whenever something is getting nemed in ND "Rough Riders" is always a choice. Teddy Roosevelt spent less than a years time in ND, yet we act like he was born here and did something really astounding while here. He really didn't. Then we have the "Fighting Hawks" or the "Sun Dogs" or "Nodaks"? What the hell people. I can't even remember the fifth but i'm sure it was a real gem.

How bout something like the UND Pride? Something we "nodakers" have is pride in our state. A lion could be the mascot. Or my personal favorite the UND Regulators. REGULATORS...... mount up.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
ragin roosters. I thought of it but never submitted it. prolly wouldn't have gotten chosen anyways. its original at least

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
With a total of 488 people taking the survey, KX News
11694848_959875124032831_6059728344205587984_n.png

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
This whole thing has got to be a set-up from the start. how does anyone with half a brain name a college in the same town, the same name as a highschool there? I don't understand how any sane person can actually think that is a cool idea. Could red-river possibly file any sort of lawsuit?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could get interesting actually. I think in one of those articles it said that a company in Colorado owns the rights to "Roughriders" and the NHL still holds onto the North Stars. I can see how they wouldn't worry about a high school team using them but college might be a different story.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure what will happen when the meet or exceed the 5k mark. I think that pole would have been different had the name "North Dakota" been left in the mix. Regardless of what they choose, very few are going to be satisfied with the outcome based on the names that are left.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like Kelly said he will consider adding the North Dakota nickname along with the rest for a public vote.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=2]Update: President Kelley send e-mail to students[/h]
dysJTJsLoXCrenJ128x128noPad-1.jpg

UND FanUnited States

Jul 24, 2015 — Hey everyone, we would like to thank you for helping us to spread the word and joining our petition. Everyone’s feedback and the support for the UND/North Dakota nickname is appreciated and extremely helpful. As many of you already know, President Kelley sent out an e-mail this morning to the students of UND. In this aforementioned e-mail he thanked the committee for their hard work and tireless communication with their constituents. He also addressed the public’s outrage over the removal of UND/North Dakota as a nickname possibility while stating that is opinion is that “it is in the best interest of the University to have a new nickname.” President Kelley stated that his plan is to review the feedback received over the next few weeks and consider the possible addition of UND/North Dakota in a to be determined voting process.

With the help of students, alumni, faculty, multiple various media outlets, as well as avid UND fans, we were able to get President Kelley to openly respond to the public’s outcry. Unfortunately, this letter does not instill much faith that the UND/North Dakota nickname will see a fighting chance at becoming the official name of the University.

This decision should not to be made by one individual whom is attempting to instill their own agenda upon the stakeholders of the University. With this being said, President Kelley should allow a fair vote to let the majority decide what is best for the University. We will continue all of our efforts to make sure that UND/North Dakota gets placed on a ballot so that the nickname can be chosen in a fair and non-controversial manner. We ask that you do not let Kelley’s most recent statement deter your sentiments; our situation has not changed. North Dakota is not yet back on the list. Also, we ask you to please forward your comments and concerns to President Kelley via his e-mail or phone number using the contact information listed below. Once again we must continue to pressure President Kelley and his administration to reinstate the University of North Dakota option as a potential nickname in a balloted form, which is to be voted on at a later date. The more feedback we present to him the harder it will be for him to not allow the option on a ballot. This entire process has been corrupt and unjust to the University and all of its stakeholders and we cannot let this injustice stand. Keep up the pressure and let your voices be heard.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now I know that lots of you do not like social media. But now is the time to pressure the committee to wake up and put North Dakota at the head of the list. The people need a voice in the this selection.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 205
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66