What boat ramp open in Bismark

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What boat ramps all open in Bismarck heard like 20 boats out?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to the state report both Fox Island and Grant Marsh ramps are open.

Mr. Pike

Established Member
Drove up to Misty Waters/Kniefel boat ramp yesterday, and the dock was sitting in the parking lot and there were 0 boat trailers there. Then I went down to Grant Marsh and I think every boat in Bismarck was there. One guy left his Skeeter on the shore while he went to get his trailer and it started floating away, so I waded out in the water to pull it closer to shore.

Haven't been down to Fox Island yet, but the Game and Fish ramp status says that one is marginal just like Kniefel. According to the USGS streamflow website, the Missouri is only flowing at about 16000 cfs in Bismarck right now. I think it's usually at about 20-25000. Weren't they talking about closing the one at Grant Marsh and building a visitor center or something there?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove up to Misty Waters/Kniefel boat ramp yesterday, and the dock was sitting in the parking lot and there were 0 boat trailers there. Then I went down to Grant Marsh and I think every boat in Bismarck was there. One guy left his Skeeter on the shore while he went to get his trailer and it started floating away, so I waded out in the water to pull it closer to shore.

Haven't been down to Fox Island yet, but the Game and Fish ramp status says that one is marginal just like Kniefel. According to the USGS streamflow website, the Missouri is only flowing at about 16000 cfs in Bismarck right now. I think it's usually at about 20-25000. Weren't they talking about closing the one at Grant Marsh and building a visitor center or something there?
Correct, and this is why its important for everybody to politely email the Bismarck city commissioners to explain this very thing. They seem oblivious to the situation and think getting rid of a boat ramp isn't a big deal.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
the reason it is so busy in Bismarck area yesterday and this week is that they are prefishing for the Big Muddy tournament leaving out of Bismarck area this Saturday

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member

The reason the boat dock was on shore & 0 trailers sitting at Misty Waters is you can't get out of the little bay. Its silted in really bad up there right now. Unless you have a small little jon boat you ain't getting out.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just think of those poor souls that rent a slip at Misty Waters, only not to be able to get out of the bay!
Are there plans to dredge the outlet soon?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just think of those poor souls that rent a slip at Misty Waters, only not to be able to get out of the bay!
Are there plans to dredge the outlet soon?
I thought a heard a permit was applied for so county can dredge. From my understanding water levels will increase middle of may so this should help.

Last edited:

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The channel shifted west at fox Island and it's currently skinny getting in and out of there. Further reinforces the fact that removing an existing ramp in a proven location would be utter stupidity as ramp usability on this river can be impacted by shifting sands.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone had a fun time today 😆 hey buddy…. Ya can’t park there
BCE5E640-C967-496F-AE3A-6CF1A51E76A8.jpeg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Courtesy dock is no longer in at the rifle range. Was a good 4 day run.
I wonder if the current is too strong there for the dock? I used it once this year and current trying to load was a @!#$! I feel like in the past when the dock was in it helped break the current a bit, or the current has just gotten worse there.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the current is too strong there for the dock? I used it once this year and current trying to load was a @!#$! I feel like in the past when the dock was in it helped break the current a bit, or the current has just gotten worse there.
Could be. Maybe it's just too steep too. I don't know if those docks are anchored in place or does the weight just hold them in place?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11