What is okay for a formal topic

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it okay to talk about things of interest that don't pertain to fishing or hunting?
I ask cause I don't want anyone to be hurt by my potential insensitivity, or lack of godlessness.

In all seriousness I am rattled by the reaction given to Lycanthropes simple, and discussion causing, debate creating, nonoffensive post.

Has it really come to the point that simple discussions need to be restricted, or moved, cause it isn't in line with a few members, again the minority rules?

I hope someday life is less sensitive and fun can be had again

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What thread?

- - - Updated - - -

WTF are you talking about?

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems to be all about the minority yet again America is in for an awaking when the majority finally gets sick of it and there is another uprising rainbow lovers and all will be in for an awakening is was a topic Up for interesting debate lycan didn't say anything offensive in his post beside maybe fag???? So it wasn't a fishing or hunting topic but I think would of drew lots of friendly banter?

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
JohnR has been given the green light to post whatever he wants. I mean, I've never seen ya post anything out of line, I like your sense of humor. And if somebody does get offended, they need to pull their big girl panties up and scroll on by. If I'm ever in your area I'm delivering a whole truck of Busch Light to your camper.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What thread?

- - - Updated - - -

WTF are you talking about?

It has been moved to politics, a gay thread that had potential for a while, but a few sensitive guys bantered V.
keeping the peace is fine, bowing to a few is FBO'ish.

It bothered me last night, this morning I fall back in line like a good conservative, go with the flow and let the few decide what can and can't be general discussion

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I don't get it. The thread did not get axed, it just got moved to the political forum. Maybe there is a way to have the recent activity feed customized for each user? I would be willing to bet, most folks on here do not want to read about homos on the front page of a hunting and fishing site.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Honestly, I am not sure if I made the right decision in moving the thread. I take pride in trying to cater to you guys quickly, but I may have jumped the gun on this one.

Maybe not.

That's up to you guys.

I don't consider this to be my site. It's all of ours.

All of that being said, I was quite proud that we hadn't had a topic on that subject yet.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I guess I don't get it. The thread did not get axed, it just got moved to the political forum. Maybe there is a way to have the recent activity feed customized for each user? I would be willing to bet, most folks on here do not want to read about homos on the front page of a hunting and fishing site.

This is the exact idea that I was thinking of last night. If I can develop a way for members to customize their feed, it may solve all of these issues.

Good idea BBQ.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we're all old enough to decide if we want to read or take part in a conversation on this board. Doesn't matter where it's at. If you don't like the conversation at the bar do you leave? I doubt it. If you don't like something being discussed stay the hell out of the conversation. It's a simple concept actually.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm OK with a non-outdoors and very polarizing political topic being sent to the political forum, just as I'm OK with someone advertising something for sale in the general forums having their topic moved to the classifieds.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baby boys name has been a fun topic too, with no relation to fishing or the outdoors in the least

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thread never got axed just moved, I see no problem.

Those that want to have an endless, pointless discussion on homosexuality that will never change anyone's mind can still go ahead and do that.

Why do we want crap like that on the front page.....main reason I'm not on FBO is because of all the political talk and pot-stirring posts like that.

There was one reason that post was made and you all know it, to cause trouble. That doesn't deserve to be on the front page.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not that I give a flying eff about queers, or any of the random stuff any of you guys have posted, it's the censorship, or potential for it that bothers me.
not calling for an anything goes attitude either, just a line that none of us want crossed

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baby boys name has been a fun topic too, with no relation to fishing or the outdoors in the least

Apres:

I am expecting a baby in the next two weeks, and the wife and We don't have any boy's names picked out. We aren't sure what we're having but already have a girls name picked out. I would like the name to be somewhat outdoor related but it has to be somewhat ambiguous otherwise I think the wife will nix it before she gives it a shot. What's your best ideas?

Already ruled out
Rooster
Grizwald
bear
Fisher

Now, if Lycan had queried regarding 1-wide 2-deep style layout blinds that'd fit 2 guys his size (he's about 6'3" and 240#) a case could be made for leaving the topic in the general discussion or hunting equipment forums.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yes but the baby name thread is light hearted and humorous and more importantly does not provide a pedestal for the long winded internet heroes that feel the need to save us from ourselves. I would like to discuss the topic but I don't want to read 75000 words from 3 individuals throwing feces at one another. By putting it in a forum that is not prominent maybe MAYBE the internet warriors will not dominate the discussion. It will be interesting if they stay away... if they do is it because they are not on center stage?

- - - Updated - - -

Now, if Lycan had queried regarding 1-wide 2-deep style layout blinds that'd fit 2 guys his size (he's about 6'3" and 240#) a case could be made for leaving the topic in the general discussion or hunting equipment forums.

Ewww... are you from sconi?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is more important political agendas on the news from oil to the confederate flag.
Freedom of speech is WAY important to me than talking about Bruce Jenner or LGBT. Eyexer had some good topics on local issues that was probably more detrimental to wildlife fishing outdoor activities. I like topics that are current and in the now. So yes political forum is WAY to vague in regards to current local, national or world news. Quincy is not a bad guy, he has some good comments I like to read on FBO because he does like to get under GST Skin. Johnr good post Thumbs UpJMO

- - - Updated - - -

There is more important political agendas on the news from oil to the confederate flag.
Freedom of speech is WAY important to me than talking about Bruce Jenner or LGBT. Eyexer had some good topics on local issues that was probably more detrimental to wildlife fishing outdoor activities. I like topics that are current and in the now. So yes political forum is WAY to vague in regards to current local, national or world news. Quincy is not a bad guy, he has some good comments I like to read on FBO because he does like to get under GST Skin. Johnr good post Thumbs UpJMO

- - - Updated - - -

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75