WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
:confused:
11418310_10206023348416144_1687866446_n.jpg

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
trying to get back to Watford city?. . . . get it?, Watford city wolves. . . . bazinga. seriously though, wth is going on in that picture?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
the story on FB book was 5 wolves in Stanley, I can't see it well enough, but I would think they are some loose dogs running around.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know if they are actually wolves, but yes they are in Stanley. I saw them 2 days ago. They are absolutely beautiful dogs but i'm pretty sure they are some ones pets. I saw them in a yard right on main and there was 2 guys standing in the yard BSing it looked like. But they do look EXACTLY like wolves. I did a double take when I first saw them.

Last edited:

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assumed they were dogs, but found it funny on FB. Wasn't sure if my eyes were the reason the picture didn't seem clear, so I put it on here for amusement and let some better eyes check it out. I saw a couple dogs last night in Stanley and laughed out loud as they were not even close to wolf like, the one was some sort of short legged beast. Life is funny, laugh more, worry less.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is land that I hunt in between Vanhook and Stanley and around 7 years ago I was bow hunting and got out of the tree stand at dark. Coyotes were barking and doing there thing when I here this long drawn out howl did it about 4 times. Was no coyote, found out later from the Rancher that a friend of his had gotten a trail cam pic of a black wolf that was in the area. I can tell you that is one howl that makes you glad they don,t live around here.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are a pile of people down here now from Alaska. There are alot of Malamute/wolf cross dogs up there. I assume that is what these are. I would bet they will be shot by someone before long.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
A pack of dogs, especially with more wildish genes intact like these, is trouble eventually. I've been on the receiving end of gutsy/aggressive behavior. I was out in the sticks with no weapon and circled by a pack - and it really sucks.

Whoever owns this pack - and allows it run - is not too smart. If something happens I hope they hold the owner personally responsible and kill every last one of the dogs.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like the owner is on facebook posting pics of how sweet these dogs are. Apparently they think its hilarious that they "snuck out". I hope she is right and knows what she is doing.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like the owner is on facebook posting pics of how sweet these dogs are. Apparently they think its hilarious that they "snuck out". I hope she is right and knows what she is doing.

they got out and ran around - i.e. she doesn't know what she's doing :;:smokin

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
they got out and ran around - i.e. she doesn't know what she's doing :;:smokin

I'm no expert, but I do live on the rez. If these dogs are "packed up", and at times loose, then its not good. I hope they are well fed.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why have a 6 pack of dogs?
I have enough with one dog to try to maintain.
If I was ever going to be one of those guys with a bunch of dogs, one of them would be named "Oh Shit", just seems right

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sled dogs would be super cool, but I would need the fountain of youth or a coffin.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 336
  • This month: 231
  • This month: 194
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 73