Emily Eckroth

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda like Schafers tilapia farm by Beulah, whatever became of that
There were probably two stories but back to back crop failures was the reason and it was caused by a combination of bad luck and bad engineering. The first mistake was trying to reinvent the wheel by building this huge sand bio-filter with no way to clean or backflush it so it worked just fine for a while , until the fish were close to market size then it clogged up and tunneled pathways through the sand so it wasn't working and fish died from H2S poisoning. Then on the second batch the power went out and they went to start the backup generator and it wouldn't start . I heard there was no scheduled startup and maintenance and it just sat there till they needed it. To top it off his building was inflatable so it deflated , it probably took 15 min to kill that crop. It was a good idea and a perfect location Everything else was just poorly thought out and poorly engineered.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
About the same time frame , I believe it was University of Wisconsin that developed a portable automated fish filleting machine mounted in a semi trailer . Those things are fast . I truly wish his business would have thrived .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Dakota had a total of $15.9 million in investments with Russian exposure across the state’s Legacy Fund, pension fund and insurance pool

Florida’s Retirement System LOST over $200m in our Russian Investments

did we ever find out what was lost by ND investments supporting putin??

Would it make you feel better if Floridians and maybe even ND had lost money in a Bahamian company such as FTX? The Legacy fund, as well as any other publicly owned fund, usually targets a very broad set of investments (some local, some regional, some within the U.S., and some international) to spread the risk out over a large assortment of unrelated stocks, bonds, real estate, or XXXX.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also heard that some bean counters point out that had Schaeffer gone to Mexico and hired willing Mexicans on a seasonal or temporary basis like many many businesses do now (mostly illegally) he would have come out fine. Americans don’t relish gutting and processing dead fish. Illegal workers would do it willingly. Can’t say this is absolutely true as I didn’t read it on the internet (LOL) but it does make some sense.

I did it off and on for several years in my mid-latter teen years. The worst part of all was trying to get that damn carp/buffalo smell off of you before heading out for the evening. It really stuck with ya. It paid pretty well for that era and my age, but still...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would it make you feel better if Floridians and maybe even ND had lost money in a Bahamian company such as FTX? The Legacy fund, as well as any other publicly owned fund, usually targets a very broad set of investments (some local, some regional, some within the U.S., and some international) to spread the risk out over a large assortment of unrelated stocks, bonds, real estate, or XXXX.
foreign investments spanning 89 countries. 37 different Chinese investments alone.. Russia, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia list goes on.

Heck wrote, quote: “the board has engaged 32 Wall Street money management firms to invest our principal anywhere but within North Dakota.”

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you think Hoeven doesn't have his dirty democrat hands in all kinds of state dealings you aren't paying attention or aren't real bright.
it hurts when you know you can influence your local rep/senator -- but you sit on your ass instead and whine

back to your school bd
you have two realtors on the board and one govt luver probably -maybe doc didnt like to spend and build schools get rid of the doc-more schools please--- more taxes for slappy!! i like it!!

Last edited:

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
it hurts when you know you can influence your local rep/senator -- but you sit on your ass instead and whine

back to your school bd
you have two realtors on the board and one govt luver probably -maybe doc didnt like to spend and build schools get rid of the doc-more schools please--- more taxes for slappy!! i like it!!
hmmmm.....if we don't build schools do we just turn the kids away and say that can't attend school? This is an interesting concept. Not very bright, but interesting none the less.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
hmmmm.....if we don't build schools do we just turn the kids away and say that can't attend school? This is an interesting concept. Not very bright, but interesting none the less.

My brother lived in liberty lake at one time. They sent the juniors and seniors to eastern wa college-- the same school the bison play in fb. College tuition was like close to und/ndsu price what at that time was $8500 maybe if that. Tuition per student at the high school (paid by the taxpayers) was like 17-18k. I bet tuition at bis runs close to that. Keep on adding more stadiums

Out of the box thinking saved them 10k a student plus most of those kids then only had 2 years of college to get a 4 year degree and could be int he workforce faster. They bussed them over to Eastern. They sacrificed the whole high school experience but they gained 2 more years of earning power and made the workforce faster.

Nobody thinks out of the box no more. In fact the laziness is just insane - bend over and pay.

I dont know this peepants at all i dont know her voting record and she hates the state she will most likely move and her job security is most likely 100% as they cant find enough docs to work odd hours -

every sob wants to work at home 9-3 and drive around all day and shop at scheels. That is what society does now.

Does a reason exist for throwing this gal under the bus. Who knows.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Clearly a follower not a leader
Maybe......but not dumb enough to follow you. Your thinking is outside the box for sure. Good job!

By the way, I think she inserted herself under the bus. But thats the outside the box thinking. Don't take responsibility for your own actions. Blame someone else.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does a reason exist for throwing this gal under the bus. Who knows.
1674671281630.png

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm giving her a new name. Going forward she will be known as Wicked Pisser instead of MIss Pissy Pants. ...rofl...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76