Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Legislature could pass a law to override it, not easily but could happen
I sure hope they don't. Everybody should recieve there tax bill right around voting season....Hopefully people get pissed enough when they see there bill. Listened to commissioners talking today about a 1 cent sales tax that's going to be advertised. They want it approved to lower property taxes. I believe they said if it was passed and you have a 300k house it COULD be 300 off your property tax bill. They also had a really fancy advertisement for it they are going to release. Soo let's say 300 off your bill...well that just means let's raise value of property to recover it..so sales tax increase and a property tax increase...increases for everyone...fun! I guess people like to get double fkd

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
For my sake of not having to loook it up --- Lets say it passes. Isnt it some low threshold of income and then you have to pay property taxes anyway?

Who knows the whole scoop please post it agaiin

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For my sake of not having to loook it up --- Lets say it passes. Isnt it some low threshold of income and then you have to pay property taxes anyway?

Who knows the whole scoop please post it agaiin
No threshold...it eliminates all property tax regardless of income from my understanding

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
On another note. MDU got it approved to raise their rates again. I wonder if they will have another record profit at the end of the year.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
On another note. MDU got it approved to raise their rates again. I wonder if they will have another record profit at the end of the year.
Exactly why I WILL NOT vote for good ol Julie! PSC is a joke. They all hold each others hands..help each other out.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jesus Christ isn’t this like the 2nd or 3rd hike in the last 3 years? These fuckers are all complicit in the destruction of the middle class. It’s the perfect storm. Endless spending and social programs with unprecedented government corruption from one side of the isle and at the same time corporate greed and insane profit taking from the other side of the isle.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
No threshold...it eliminates all property tax regardless of income from my understanding
From what I gather it eliminates ALL property tax of any kind. While I hate property tax and loath our state government for not addressing this issue in the last 3 Phuking sessions, I think their will be negative consequences to ALL property taxes being eliminated. Outside big money will pour into the state to buy up the land causing land prices to skyrocket more than they are. I would have hoped this measure was to eliminate property taxes on primary residence in ND only.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From what I gather it eliminates ALL property tax of any kind. While I hate property tax and loath our state government for not addressing this issue in the last 3 Phuking sessions, I think their will be negative consequences to ALL property taxes being eliminated. Outside big money will pour into the state to buy up the land causing land prices to skyrocket more than they are. I would have hoped this measure was to eliminate property taxes on primary residence in ND only.
So I agree wish it was primary residents as well...I don't think that property tax is what's stopping outside big money from coming in. Hard to say oh now that you don't own x amount of money per year in taxes we are going to start buying up all of ND. Farming has already been addressed for this for the most part. The only issue may be houses and commercial property which..big money already owns. And yes they have had 3 times to fix it if not longer..enough is enough now the people can try and fix it.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Read in news..about 94% of ND applied for the credit. We will know in July or August if we qualified..wtf

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can’t actually believe our legislators are arrogant enough to think a $500 rebate is actually doing something. With valuations continuing to rise its a wash and a mute point. It’s a slap in the face and almost an insult is the impression I’ve received from most people I’ve talked to about it.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can’t actually believe our legislators are arrogant enough to think a $500 rebate is actually doing something. With valuations continuing to rise its a wash and a mute point. It’s a slap in the face and almost an insult is the impression I’ve received from most people I’ve talked to about it.
Absolutely they do. They pat each other on the back for the $500. Have you seen the tax commissioner in the news..dam giddy school boy over it. Shit he will probably run for gov next just for this.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me first say I am against the way that property taxes have went up, especially over the last 3-4 years.

All governments, city, county, state and federal need to stop foolish spending.

If they do abolish property tax, you will have to pay for those taxes in other ways.

Sales tax, gas tax, vehicle licensing, fines for speeding, running a stop sign, etc. will be greatly increased.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they would only do the residential housing, you can just about guess how much the land taxes will be increased. Put it on sales tax and maybe vehicle licensing, ND is way cheap on vehicle licensing. Running stop sign fines should be increased, maybe that would teach people to stop. The stop sign isn't a suggestion.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18