Property Tax Petition

Are you in favor of eliminating property taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me first say I am against the way that property taxes have went up, especially over the last 3-4 years.

All governments, city, county, state and federal need to stop foolish spending.

If they do abolish property tax, you will have to pay for those taxes in other ways.

Sales tax, gas tax, vehicle licensing, fines for speeding, running a stop sign, etc. will be greatly increased.
That's fine at least I won't lose my home because I can't afford the property tax bill!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they would only do the residential housing, you can just about guess how much the land taxes will be increased. Put it on sales tax and maybe vehicle licensing, ND is way cheap on vehicle licensing. Running stop sign fines should be increased, maybe that would teach people to stop. The stop sign isn't a suggestion.
If you are using it to make money it should be taxed, whether that is pasture land, crop land, rental building, storage units, storefront etc. If it is your sole primary dwelling in the state then it should not be taxed. We already pay taxes on vehicles multiple times, leave our registration/licensing fees alone. We don't need to be taxed more in order for this to work, they just need to set up the proper tax, which i feel like they are missing with no tax on anything proclamation.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no shortage of money in ND since the oil boom, we just need politicians that care more about their constituents than they do about their business and corporate donors and 'pet projects' that are totally unnecessary. Last I checked, ND spends more than twice as much on GOVT than SD does, and has a similar population.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just listening to Rick Becker on 1100 a.m. There are not enough signatures to place the measure on the ballot yet. Folks you gotta get involved and find a place to sign the petition.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
taxes.jpg

Heres a screenshot of the property taxes on my house since 2018. this year theyre over 5,300. there has been zero additions or significant upgrades to the house, just some new appliances and paint. 1100 to 5300 in 5 years!?!?

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just listening to Rick Becker on 1100 a.m. There are not enough signatures to place the measure on the ballot yet. Folks you gotta get involved and find a place to sign the petition.
If this doesn't get on the ballot, watch what property taxes do!!! We only need roughly 31k signatures total. Must be alot people happy with property taxes????

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
taxes.jpg

Heres a screenshot of the property taxes on my house since 2018. this year theyre over 5,300. there has been zero additions or significant upgrades to the house, just some new appliances and paint. 1100 to 5300 in 5 years!?!?
Looks similar to mine. Without pulling it I belueve I was around 1700 in 18 now I am at 5400...zero upgrades..no changes since 2015 and that was flooring. The politicians could have solved this problem over and over again...why didn't they put a cap..let's say 3% per year? Pretty dam simple but they couldn't even do that....

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this doesn't get on the ballot, watch what property taxes do!!! We only need roughly 31k signatures total. Must be alot people happy with property taxes????
No one is happy about it, the problem is too many fella's worry that the schools will shut down without it.
The fear has a huge hold on some. Like the beaten woman who stays with her abuser, because of the fear of having nothing.
We will be fine without it, but some will never leave that rotten abuser (government)

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did he say how many are needed yet?

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
july 8th is deadline to sign, plenty of time to get on the list if you haven't.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
No one is happy about it, the problem is too many fella's worry that the schools will shut down without it.
The fear has a huge hold on some. Like the beaten woman who stays with her abuser, because of the fear of having nothing.
We will be fine without it, but some will never leave that rotten abuser (government)

I'm sick & tired of seeing multi million dollar gymnasiums being erected with NBA style scoreboards & buzzers, for 12 year olds to play dodgeball in. Nodak isnt cranking out professional athletes, so until we start teaching these kids how to fix a furnace or their credit scores, I'm good with letting the schools go look for money from somewhere other than the small percentage of people that own property.

up the sales tax and get the money from everyone, from the kid buying a pack of gum, to the guy buying a new lawnmower.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm sick & tired of seeing multi million dollar gymnasiums being erected with NBA style scoreboards & buzzers, for 12 year olds to play dodgeball in. Nodak isnt cranking out professional athletes, so until we start teaching these kids how to fix a furnace or their credit scores, I'm good with letting the schools go look for money from somewhere other than the small percentage of people that own property.

up the sales tax and get the money from everyone, from the kid buying a pack of gum, to the guy buying a new lawnmower.
Agreed..I belive if it's moved from property the people asking for it will be held more accountable. Anytime they want money they will have to ask for it and justify..same way the Zimmerman sports complex was shot down... it will remove the blank check from property taxes.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

The boiler in our older than average school out west here is on its last leg, and no one works on them or has parts for them anymore.
The proposed scrapping the entire school because of this, rather than replace and add on, they needed a $100,000,000 new school.
Turns out when this was rejected 3 times we are now replacing and adding on, at a mere $60,000,000

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The boiler in our older than average school out west here is on its last leg, and no one works on them or has parts for them anymore.
The proposed scrapping the entire school because of this, rather than replace and add on, they needed a $100,000,000 new school.
Turns out when this was rejected 3 times we are now replacing and adding on, at a mere $60,000,000
And it will all probably work just fine at almost half the cost.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is no shortage of money in ND since the oil boom, we just need politicians that care more about their constituents than they do about their business and corporate donors and 'pet projects' that are totally unnecessary. Last I checked, ND spends more than twice as much on GOVT than SD does, and has a similar population.
Sounds like they are buying themselves a couple new planes to fly around in

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/st...cle_abb5e980-e879-11ee-80b8-b3c93c46c036.html

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
New jet-engine airplanes can range in price from $9.4 million to $29.8 million, depending on the model and options, while new King Air twin-turboprop models cost between $6.5 million to $7.9 million, according to the evaluation.

Farthest travel time by car from Bismarck to any corner of the state is 4 hours.

You can pay for a lot of motels and travel expense for the cost of 2 or 3 planes.

Fucking retards.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
New jet-engine airplanes can range in price from $9.4 million to $29.8 million, depending on the model and options, while new King Air twin-turboprop models cost between $6.5 million to $7.9 million, according to the evaluation.

Farthest travel time by car from Bismarck to any corner of the state is 4 hours.

You can pay for a lot of motels and travel expense for the cost of 2 or 3 planes.

Fucking retards.
Do you think they give a rats ass what it cost, It’s not their money

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41