Winnipeg 2018

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
4FB92BE5-DCD7-4C12-945F-AF9D9F50B94C.jpg

tommygun23

Established Member
Currently up at Winnipeg. Had a decent day, as a group we got two 8lbers and a few keepers. Nothin hot and heavy where we were at, tried moving with little luck. Fished the east side, came out of Prudens and went out a few miles. Was wondering if anyone else is up and had any luck with different depths and such. First time up here so it's quite the challenge. Any help is appreciated to get some of our groupies some fish who had a tougher day.

Thanks

Upnorth

Currently up at Winnipeg. Had a decent day, as a group we got two 8lbers and a few keepers. Nothin hot and heavy where we were at, tried moving with little luck. Fished the east side, came out of Prudens and went out a few miles. Was wondering if anyone else is up and had any luck with different depths and such. First time up here so it's quite the challenge. Any help is appreciated to get some of our groupies some fish who had a tougher day.

Thanks
The fish are in pods. Run and gun. Head to the mouth area, work the eagles nest area.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
4C12D2AC-0CF1-4429-8C5A-9245954F194F.jpg
64F1A4F8-CEF3-43C0-9D7E-6EBA2E6B43D7.jpg

We had a great day today! I found a 31”, and a buddy caught 30.5”.
I ended the day with that 31”, a 28”, two 27”, and two 26”, along with dome eaters.
As a group, we caught a pile of 25”+ fish. Today and yesterday were very good!

It must have been good all over in the area we were in (straight out from the mouth, slightly east), because we heard hooting and cheering about every ten minutes.

I ran snooty almost the whole trip, with no meat on it.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy cats. Lot more people fishing in those pics than I would expect on such a big body of water. Do most just sit there like you're fishing for perch and let the fish come through?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good work Vollmer. Glad to hear that after your first day report. I head up on Thursday hoping I can get my hands on some snooties before I go:cool:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good work Vollmer. Glad to hear that after your first day report. I head up on Thursday hoping I can get my hands on some snooties before I go:cool:
They’re painted! Now they just need to be clear coated. I need to hire someone I think.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not aware of the regulations on Lake Winnipeg. You guys talk about big fish and talk about eaters. What can you keep and take across the border? What are the size limits for keepers and is the soft water fishing in the summer anything like the ice fishing?

Upnorth

Not aware of the regulations on Lake Winnipeg. You guys talk about big fish and talk about eaters. What can you keep and take across the border? What are the size limits for keepers and is the soft water fishing in the summer anything like the ice fishing?
Your allowed 6 eyes/sauger on a full licence, 4 on a conservation. Only 1 fish may be over 55cm ( 21 1/2””). Next year, you may only keep 1 over 28” a year o the lake.

Summer fishing is tough. This lake is a bitch. 2/3 of the commercial harvest is done during the open water season.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jesus not this again .. fishing , were here to talk about fishing .. can a guy get around with a wheeled atv decent ? Or are tracks a must ? One 12” extension enough ? Thanks , heading up on Wednesday

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of pickups on ice. A lot getting stuck too. I wouldn't go on at prudens with a pickup. It's nasty. There was a minivan on the lake today

You need two extensions in most places.

Big fish are being caught.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_7827.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

I caught my biggest eye ever yesterday.
The color on this 25" greenback was crazy in the sun today

Upnorth

Jesus not this again .. fishing , were here to talk about fishing .. can a guy get around with a wheeled atv decent ? Or are tracks a must ? One 12” extension enough ? Thanks , heading up on Wednesday
Wheeled atv should be no problem. Will be very warm by the end of the week. Double extension. I’m running a 20” now.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does one get their hands on one of these snooties?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might have a few extra but I just finished my last run of ice fishing baits for this season. I'm going to take a much needed break and then jump into open water baits.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might have a few extra but I just finished my last run of ice fishing baits for this season. I'm going to take a much needed break and then jump into open water baits.

Can we preorder for next years production then?

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I’ve been searching for the last hour to no avail so I’m coming to you for the answer. We are bringing up a permenant fish house with a bed and bathroom. I’ve read that it’s legal to have a beer in a permenant as long as it’s a sleeper and has a bathroom, but I’ve also read that it’s a fine of anywhere from 100 to like 7-800. We’re not raging alcoholics, just might want a blue tasty with the fish fry in the house after we’re done fishing, won’t be driving anywhere and no lines in the water. Was just gonna call the Manitoba DNR but figure I’d check here to see if anyone else has already looked into this. How about having it there to cook with?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 170
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80