Best Boat Brand?

LukeLuke

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you feel is the best boat on the market? ........ other than the brand you currently run.

and why?

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Ranger in a partnership. If I had to get a different brand it would be a Warrior or Yarcraft. They both divert waves well for a dry ride.

Last edited:

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a lot of right answers for this because honestly, it all about what type of water you fish, your budget, if you like "pretty" boats, if you want speed, control etc etc. Me personally, I love my Ranger, but I fish mostly on bigger water and I never run my boat up on shore. If I was to change brands I would consider, Yar, Warrior, Nitro, Tuffy or possibly Skeeter. All boats are a little different as far as layout and fit and finish. You have to pick what fits your wants and budget. They're honestly all pretty darn good anymore, but of course you always have some that just get unlucky and end up with a headache boat.

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yarcraft for sure. It's like riding in a giant tub that keeps you dry and riding smoothly.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im looking at upgraging to a glass within the next year hopefully. As fisherman25 said they are for the most part all pretty good. Are there glass boats to stay away from?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Ranger has the fit/finish, factory rigging, trailer setup, and factory setup for motor height and prop selection with multiple motors down better than the rest. Just as important and much more subjective is that one must be comfortable in the floor plan they choose. Where will you give up space to gain space? Front/rear deck space vs. cockpit space? Will you give up storage for fishing room? Will you be willing to add/subtract freeboard at the expense of losing/gaining control of the boat in the wind and gaining/losing "dryness"?

Boats are all a compromise, none of them are perfect and nobody's "perfect" or "best" boat is perfect or best for anyone else.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know if I could NOT run my boat up on shore when Im out fishing/camping, etc. Will glass boats handle this well or would I need to stick with aluminum?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a ProV lund, the front deck where I spend my entire time when fishing is huge. No other brand has that gigantic front end.

Is it the prettiest, driest, best boat on the market? Nope, not by a long shot. But it has exactly what I am looking for in a boat.

My next one will be a fiberglass, whichever one has the biggest front deck, and most sparkles, likely not a Lund.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know if I could NOT run my boat up on shore when Im out fishing/camping, etc. Will glass boats handle this well or would I need to stick with aluminum?
It scratches the crap out of the bottom even with a keel guard but its just in the gel coat ive pulled mine on shore a few times when it is time to sell it i will take it in and have dwaynes body/boat shop clean it up and it will look better than new cody does awesome work.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a ProV lund, the front deck where I spend my entire time when fishing is huge. No other brand has that gigantic front end.

Is it the prettiest, driest, best boat on the market? Nope, not by a long shot. But it has exactly what I am looking for in a boat.

My next one will be a fiberglass, whichever one has the biggest front deck, and most sparkles, likely not a Lund.

Is the hull on the Pro V a smoother ride than the other lunds or is it all the same IPS/ IPS2 hull

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll keep my Ranger. It fits my style of fishing best but most
of the newer glass boats are pretty nice and none are cheap if you load it up with top of the line electronics and motors. Comes down to your preferences in layout, performance, how you use it and fit and finish. Huge front deck, Fit and finish are a big deal to me but next guy might be more concerned with bottom line price.
With all the used, next to new glass boats on the web it's hard for me to buy brand new when I can save a bunch buying used and not paying taxes.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the hull on the Pro V a smoother ride than the other lunds or is it all the same IPS/ IPS2 hull

If there is a good chop it rides just as rough as any other aluminum out there. I have fished out of 10+ different brands of aluminum and to me I cant really tell much of a difference. A buddy has a ranger, it rides just slightly better in rough water, and that might all be in my head too.

I am definitely going glass next time around.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
1965 crestliner row boat is where its at.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a Lund, but IMO Ranger is by far the best made and finished boat out there. Yarcraft are well made too and are fast. But their small front deck and less storage than the Rangers leaves you wanting. There's a lot of others out there that are cheaper, but the boat market is super competitive. If it's cheaper there's a reason. That being they cut corners on quality and/or finish. Just like with aluminum boats. Lund is the best built, but there's others out there that are cheaper. And they're cheaper for the same reason other fiberglass ones are cheaper than Rangers. Quality and finish. While quality and finish may not be of a big concern for most weekend anglers, if you use your boat a lot or fish in less than ideal conditions, you may regret cutting corners.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
1965 crestliner row boat is where its at.

I don't know the Americaft models are pretty sweet:
a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

However for overall interior space, comfortable ride and face peeling speed it's tough to beat the versatility of the tri-haul:

launch2.jpg

there isn't much this legendary boat can't do...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14