Fastest walleye boat?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just sitting here and was wondering what the current technology is for the fastest walleye boat on the market?

This should be fun...

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will be trying for a consistent 72-74 in next years 219 Yar, V10 400 with a moderate load and 2 people.

I'll second that. I have the same expectations based on early reports for next years 219 V10 combo. Frankly it might be the first boat I don't send the prop in to be custom worked. I would be surprised to see any do better consistently. If anything, I would expect the Caymas to possibly run similar, maaaybe the Vexas. 621s, ZV21s, Lund Gl 219s, Warriors are all slower hulls than the Yar-Craft.

Last edited:

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
If achieved that will be the fastest walleye boat locally. The 70 mph barrier is hard to cross.
I hope it works out!
No load, 1/2 tank, 2 people I have hit 72.4 with 400 Verado in a 219 on LOZ in Missouri and 72.2 on Sak with a different 219 but similar load . Numerous factors played into better than average top end.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you can catch a walleye out of a allison ---- is that considered a walleye boat? :cool:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow.
The old ProV gets me to about 51 max, and I rarely do that as I am to cheap, and worry about popping the Optimax

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honest question- in how big of waves can you run WOT in these boats. Smooth moves seats and not destroy anything?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honest question- in how big of waves can you run WOT in these boats. Smooth moves seats and not destroy anything?
Straight into them or slight cross I can run in legit 2s+ wide open with motor tucked and get mid 50s. Anything other than that I would consider abusing me and the equipment which I do not like to do. A lot of factors are in play like wave spacing, etc.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know the Caymas DV22's with the V10 Verado are hitting that 71-73 mph zone. There's a couple vexus' 22 footers that have to be close to that MPH as well. I hit 61 in my 20' caymas with a 300 verado and that was plenty for me. A guy doesn't need that type of speed often, but it is nice to have it. I try to keep the throttle at a respectable position so I don't have to watch my fuel gauge decrease so fast.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yarcrafts for sure are a very fast boat, but in my opinion, they are not quite as stable and chine walk at higher speeds more so than the other brands. Just from my experience in riding in most of the brands excluding the Camaas.

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. I'm not gonna lie......mid 30's is fast enough for me. The brain has a hard time processing stuff that is flying by......I guess that I try to make it a point to not hurry, especially while fishing. Not saying that I am right.........carry on.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a couple MN guys with a beat up old lund , not sure what they had for a motor on that thing but I was going pretty fast myself and they passed me like I was standing still and they were out of sight in no time. I could tell they were in a hurry because when I caught up to them they were already jacking up the trailer.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you want realistic numbers or 1/4 tank of gas, empty boat, shit hole shot, jack plate jacked so high the motor is about to blow numbers?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yarcrafts for sure are a very fast boat, but in my opinion, they are not quite as stable and chine walk at higher speeds more so than the other brands. Just from my experience in riding in most of the brands excluding the Camaas.
They slowed them down a little I believe with the revamp..put a little more hook in the rear to stabilize them...

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They slowed them down a little I believe with the revamp..put a little more hook in the rear to stabilize them...

To my knowledge and understanding, the 219TFX hull has been the same since 2018. The revamp in 2020 was top-cap, stringer system, and weight placement (batteries and fuel) however it is a bit heavier heavier due to being fully glass with no plastic on the consoles or anywhere. AaronJ could probably confirm if that's correct.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84